Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Oh, gotcha. I've got rules in Outlook so I never end up moving an email. The simple fix is to have Favorites in the Move box.

The flip side of that is, for example, my subfolders are projects. If I get an email for a project that isn't being "seen and synced" (and I don't have a rule), as you describe with WinMo, I wouldn't want to have to go into preferences and select a folder and wait for it to sync just so I can see it and move an email into it. And then have to hide it again.
    I also have quite a # of rules which send things to folders I have no care to see in the desktop world never mind "mobile" world (they are kept for review/archival purposes) which is why it is even more annoying that I have to navigate through them in order to get to the folders I do actually need to see. For example I do not need to see a "Spam Folder" or "Conflicts" or "Server Failures".

Favorites in the Move box might be a band-aid but I still think they need to clean up or give us some level of customization when it comes to the standard email folder view. I wouldn't need favorites in the move box if I didn't have to scroll through every single folder Ive created. If you are trying to access a folder that you have not pre-selected as a seen/sync folder than of course you should have to wait in order for it to d/l that information (makes sense).
    Quote Originally Posted by rebirth24 View Post
    I also have quite a # of rules which send things to folders I have no care to see in the desktop world never mind "mobile" world (they are kept for review/archival purposes) which is why it is even more annoying that I have to navigate through them in order to get to the folders I do actually need to see. For example I do not need to see a "Spam Folder" or "Conflicts" or "Server Failures".

Favorites in the Move box might be a band-aid but I still think they need to clean up or give us some level of customization when it comes to the standard email folder view. I wouldn't need favorites in the move box if I didn't have to scroll through every single folder Ive created. If you are trying to access a folder that you have not pre-selected as a seen/sync folder than of course you should have to wait in order for it to d/l that information (makes sense).
    Well, see that's what I like about the way it is. As far as I can tell, the only time you have to sort through all of the folders is when you're moving files, and I agree that is lame. But otherwise, I like having all of the folders there. Anything that's not in my Favorites is "rolled up" so I don't ever see them.

But, for example, when a notification pops up for an email for about an old project (something that's not in my Favorites) that's automatically getting moved into a subfolder by a rule, I can generally tell whether or not I need to look at it. If I do, I have the option to expand the list and find it. Actually, if I click on the notification then I don't even have to go look for it. If it wasn't even syncing I'd either never even know I got the email, or even if somehow I did, I'd have to go and tell the program to sync the folder before I could see it.
    Last edited by GMoney749; 08/03/2009 at 02:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Well, see that's what I like about the way it is. As far as I can tell, the only time you have to sort through all of the folders is when you're moving files, and I agree that is lame. But otherwise, I like having all of the folders there. Anything that's not in my Favorites is "rolled up" so I don't ever see them.

But, for example, when a notification pops up for an email for about an old project (something that's not in my Favorites) that's automatically getting moved into a subfolder by a rule, I can generally tell whether or not I need to look at it. If I do, I have the option to expand the list and find it. If it wasn't even syncing I'd either never even know I got the email, or even if somehow I did, I'd have to go and tell the program to sync it before I could see it.
    I'm curious. How many folders/subfolders do you have and deal with on a daily basis from an exchange stance?
    Quote Originally Posted by rebirth24 View Post
    I'm curious. How many folders/subfolders do you have and deal with on a daily basis from an exchange stance?
    I have 34 folders that are on my active list (probably another 60 inactive), but of those 34 I am only working on 2 or 3 projects at any one time. So I can put those 3 in my Favorites as I'm probably getting email on those every day. But if something pops up on one of the other 31 projects (actually all 91 others) I still get the email, and I can read it without opening any of those folders.
    I can connect to exchange just fine, but the only folder that shows up is the outbox.
    Try leaving the domain blank and entering your user name in the form "domain"/"username".

It solved my empty outbox problem but does not seem to work for everyone.
    good idea, but it still only shows me the outbox.
    alright, I did the "copy certificate to the phone" fix and it worked.
    I've got a question about Exchange and sub folders...

I've got rules to filter emails into appropirate folders as they come in...

Tess's emails go to folder TESSS
    Dave go to DAVE
    Jim to JIM

etc...

My inbox works great and syncs no problem - however these "sub folders" do not automatically sync unless I manually refresh them on my palm.

Any way to make them all sync ??

Mike

But, for example, when a notification pops up for an email for about an old project (something that's not in my Favorites) that's automatically getting moved into a subfolder by a rule, I can generally tell whether or not I need to look at it. If I do, I have the option to expand the list and find it. Actually, if I click on the notification then I don't even have to go look for it. If it wasn't even syncing I'd either never even know I got the email, or even if somehow I did, I'd have to go and tell the program to sync the folder before I could see it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12