1.    #1  
    i used to use outlook (2002) for my calendar till i got the Pre then switched to Google. but i use outlook for email. would like it back in hte mix for my calendar too.

with gsyncit, will it do the following?
    i add an event on my outlook calendar and it goes to google - and eventually to the pre? and i add a calendar event on the pre it would go to google and eventually outlook - am i correct in this?

finally, can i also tell it to overide one or the other? i'd like to get gsyncit and try this but i have been without the outlook calendar since june so i'd want google to override outlook on the first sync. then just have it sync the newest info regardless of where it was inputted - outlook, google or the pre itself.

can i accomplish the above with gsyncit?
    thanks!
  2.    #2  
    i emailed the developer and he was very helpful - all i wanted to do above is easily possible - very nice program and i'm now back to using outlook again!
  3.    #3  
    anyone else using gSyncit? i have some questions as i tweak this...
    now that outlook is back in the loop, that's my prefered calendar. What i want is to use outlook when at my desktop for all my appts and then with the use of gsyncit and google have it synced to the pre-- obviously i also want any appts i input on the pre to end up in outlook. i'm having some trouble with the settings - can anyone give me the proper settings in gsyncit to accomplish this?
    also - when syncing i'm getting an outlook message that a program is trying to access my outlook email. i don't see any choices regarding email in gsyncit and i'm not sure where this message is coming from - any ideas?
    thanks!
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I use gSyncit and it has worked very well for me. Any calendar events or contacts I enter in my Pre or Outlook always end up showing up in the other place.

Under settings, you can edit the contact and calendar feeds. Make sure the first two boxes are checked under the sync options tabs. One says "Google to Outlook" and the other says "Outlook to Google".

I have mine set to auto sync every 15 minutes.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will try to help.

Edit: I have never recieved the error message you are getting so I'm not sure what's causing it.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
  5.    #5  
    thanks - i appreciate that!
    i really want this to work as i much prefer using outlook with the pre - so my above scenario is definitely doable- that's great!

sounds like you're using yours the same way i want to. i only want to use outlook and the pre. i'd be inputting appts on one at any given time. once i sync with gsyncit via google then they'll show up on both the pre and outlook, correct?

also, if i'm no longer inputting appts on google do i need to still check that box - google to outlook?

one problem i was having was some yearly events not syncing but gsyncit was just updated and this seems to have fixed that issue.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    sounds like you're using yours the same way i want to. i only want to use outlook and the pre. i'd be inputting appts on one at any given time. once i sync with gsyncit via google then they'll show up on both the pre and outlook, correct?
    Yes. (Assuming you have set up your gmail account on the Pre.) It usually takes a little bit of time to show up, but not bad really.

also, if i'm no longer inputting appts on google do i need to still check that box - google to outlook?
    Yes, you still need to have it checked. When you add an entry into the Pre, it syncs with google first, and then google to your outlook.

Edit: Think of google as an intermediary. The Pre and google sync back and forth through "synergy", and Outlook and google sync back and forth with gsyncit..
    Last edited by Riebs; 08/06/2009 at 02:15 PM.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
  7.    #7  
    thanks - i really do appreciate you taking the time - i was emailing the developer and was also looking for a manual - didn't want to mess up my calendars any - so i was a bit reluctant to jump right in without some guidance. thanks again!
  8.    #8  
    I do have another question. In the abve scenario, with me using only outlook and the pre when inputting appts, would I then select outlook as my primary calendar on gsycit- or would this mess up the pre-google sync?
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    I do have another question. In the abve scenario, with me using only outlook and the pre when inputting appts, would I then select outlook as my primary calendar on gsycit- or would this mess up the pre-google sync?

I used gsyncit as well (only for contacts now as palm updated their syncing with exhange servers).

I did use it to sync my calendar as well and it doesn't matter which you use as a primary (on the pre), other than if you enter an appointment in your pre, it will default to that primary calendar. So, if that primary calendar doesn't sync to google, it won't end up on your outlook.

If you're asking about which calendar to make primary between outlook and google, it doesn't matter. You can set your sync to have have the most updated information sync back and forth between the two or just have one calendar override the other....whichever you prefer. Base on what you've said you want, I think you'll just want to do a true two-way sync between google and outlook, with the most recent information over-writing older information on both calendars.
  10.    #10  
    for you guys currently using gsyncit -are you having problems sycning with all appts selected? if i have that selected (not a date range) it does not sync my outlook appt to google. if i select a specific date range then it does sync it.
    i'm waiting to hear back from the developer on this issue.