1.    #1  
    For all of us that have been complaining that the the only IM's we have available for the Pre is Gtalk and AIM, below is a link for how to set up Google Talk so that you can IM your MSN & Yahoo contacts.

Connect Google Talk to AIM, MSN, & Yahoo

I followed the directions above and I am now able to use Yahoo & MSN via Gtalk and all conversations are threaded!
    Quote Originally Posted by mlwadas View Post
    For all of us that have been complaining that the the only IM's we have available for the Pre is Gtalk and AIM, below is a link for how to set up Google Talk so that you can IM your MSN & Yahoo contacts.

Connect Google Talk to AIM, MSN, & Yahoo

I followed the directions above and I am now able to use Yahoo & MSN via Gtalk and all conversations are threaded!
    this sounds very promising, but I have questions,
    Do I set it up on the desk-top, or the Pre?
    Do my yahoo contacts send IM's to my yahoo name, or gmail name?
    The link provided is from Jan '06...is there anything more current?...I haven't been able to find anything.
    Can I see my yahoo contacts availabilty?...can they see mine?
    Thanks very much for this info mlwadas,
    I think I'm going to be trying this.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Hopefully someone comes up with an app for yahoo....
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg6942 View Post
    this sounds very promising, but I have questions,
    Do I set it up on the desk-top, or the Pre?
    Do my yahoo contacts send IM's to my yahoo name, or gmail name?
    The link provided is from Jan '06...is there anything more current?...I haven't been able to find anything.
    Can I see my yahoo contacts availabilty?...can they see mine?
    Thanks very much for this info mlwadas,
    I think I'm going to be trying this.
    I set it up on my desktop, following the instructions on the link. Then all my contacts from Yahoo & MSN began to appear on my Google Talk messenger on my Pre. My contacts simply use their native messenger and I receive it all on my Pre and my status shows as online on both MSN & Yahoo.
    Don't waste your time trying to make this work because it doesn't work. Google has disable this and though you can get your contacts transferred, you will be always offline and will not be able to chat.
  7.    #7  
    Well, I followed the directions and it worked for me. All my Yahoo & MSN contacts are now coming up in my messenger buddy list. Just thought I'd share...
    Well, I followed the directions and it worked for me. All my Yahoo & MSN contacts are now coming up in my messenger buddy list. Just thought I'd share...
    Yeah, but can you chat with them? I gues no
  9.    #9  
    Ummm...then what would be the point?
    Ummm...then what would be the point?
    Exactly, that is the part that doesn't work unless you are doing something else..