Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Can someone please help me sync my old contacts on my pre to my gmail account.

They only seem to appear on my gmail account when I create a new contact but I want to sync my old contacts from my pre to gmail.

I tried pocket mirror and didnt work.
    I tried the whole setting gmail as default and didnt work either.

I really appreciate if ANYONE is kind enough to take the time in helping me out. THANK YOU!!!
    I don't think you can do that. Do you have them in another email program Outlook, Exhange, etc. If so you can export them out to a .csv file and then import them into your gmail account.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I don't think you can do that. Do you have them in another email program Outlook, Exhange, etc. If so you can export them out to a .csv file and then import them into your gmail account.
    I only have them on my phone.
    But I have other email accounts as well.
    Are your contacts in other accounts?
    Quote Originally Posted by andyckr View Post
    Can someone please help me sync my old contacts on my pre to my gmail account.

They only seem to appear on my gmail account when I create a new contact but I want to sync my old contacts from my pre to gmail.

I tried pocket mirror and didnt work.
    I tried the whole setting gmail as default and didnt work either.

I really appreciate if ANYONE is kind enough to take the time in helping me out. THANK YOU!!!
    Have you checked http://www.google.com/contacts to make sure they didnt update automatically?
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    No, they are all in my phone.

And they did not update with my phone.
    Last edited by andyckr; 08/01/2009 at 09:56 PM.
    where they ever in another phone?

This might help
    Palm - Start here: Move your info to your webOS™ phone
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    where they ever in another phone?

This might help
    Palm - Start here: Move your info to your webOS™ phone
    They were in my old treo 755p but I dont have that phone anymore.

Thanks for the website. I am going to check it out and see if it works.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Sounds like you have your old contacts all assigned to your Palm Profile, rather than your Gmail/Google profile. To verify this, open one of the old contacts on your phone and then press the small square with the little man icon in it to the right of the contact's name. It will expand below it with more detailed information. On the left of this new revealed contact name there will be an icon. If the icon is "g" it is a Google/Gmail contact. If it is two blue arrows in a circular shape then it is a Palm profile contact.

If it is a Palm profile contact, then it is not going to sync with Gmail. All of those contacts will need to be moved to Gmail first so they will be part of your Gmail profile.

Does that make sense?

I had this same problem when I first moved my old contacts over to my phone. I had to re-do it, moving all of my contacts to Gmail first, and then let Gmail put them onto my phone when I set up my sync with Gmail.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pistos View Post
    Sounds like you have your old contacts all assigned to your Palm Profile, rather than your Gmail/Google profile. To verify this, open one of the old contacts on your phone and then press the small square with the little man icon in it to the right of the contact's name. It will expand below it with more detailed information. On the left of this new revealed contact name there will be an icon. If the icon is "g" it is a Google/Gmail contact. If it is two blue arrows in a circular shape then it is a Palm profile contact.

If it is a Palm profile contact, then it is not going to sync with Gmail. All of those contacts will need to be moved to Gmail first so they will be part of your Gmail profile.

Does that make sense?

I had this same problem when I first moved my old contacts over to my phone. I had to re-do it, moving all of my contacts to Gmail first, and then let Gmail put them onto my phone when I set up my sync with Gmail.
    Yes, it did make sense. I did check for that and they are synced to my palm profile.

Can you tell me how you did please?
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    1. I synced my contacts between my Treo and Palm Desktop.
    2. I used Companionlink to sync my contacts in Palm Desktop with Gmail. (Installed the free trial version to do this.)
    3. I synced my Gmail contacts with my Pre.
    4. All done. So, I uninstalled the trial version of Companipnlink then because I no long needed it.

Do you still have your contacts available in Palm Desktop? If so, pick up at step 2 above and follow.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pistos View Post
    1. I synced my contacts between my Treo and Palm Desktop.
    2. I used Companionlink to sync my contacts in Palm Desktop with Gmail. (Installed the free trial version to do this.)
    3. I synced my Gmail contacts with my Pre.
    4. All done. So, I uninstalled the trial version of Companipnlink then because I no long needed it.

Do you still have your contacts available in Palm Desktop? If so, pick up at step 2 above and follow.
    No, I dont have my treo anymore and because I wasnt using the palm desktop, I removed it.

So I am guessing I wont be able to do it right?
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I'm not sure. Maybe someone else here knows how to move contacts from a Palm profile to a Gmail profile. It seems like it ought to be possible.
    You can redownload the desktop. Your profiles are still on the computer. Then you can follow pistos instructions.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    You can redownload the desktop. Your profiles are still on the computer. Then you can follow pistos instructions.
    How do I redownload the desktop?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Google on Palm Desktop, it will take you to Palm's Support Page, then it will give you download link to get Palm Desktop on your Computer.

If you also have your original disc, when you purchased you old phone, it will be on there, also.