webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Synergy and Synchronization > email: exclamation point in yellow triangle
email: exclamation point in yellow triangle

Old 08/01/2009, 08:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

This is showing up in the ovaled bar at the top of my email inbox...right next to the number of unread emails. The syncing has stopped.

How to fix this?? I've done a soft reset, I've searched this forum...

Also, I've since tried -- and was successful -- to send an email. That triggered the receipt to my Pre of the "missing" emails from my Pre. They had been coming to my laptop all day. However, tapping that ovaled bar it still tells me (erroneously) that my last update to my Pre's inbox was 8:29am.

Ideas?

TIA,

Mark

Last edited by Jmark61; 08/03/2009 at 03:02 PM.
Jmark61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/2009, 10:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

I had the same problem on mine it happened after I did a partial reset basically the password for the email account got wiped on just one of my accounts I just re-entered the password and all was good might try that and see if it fixes your issue I believe the exclamation point means it can't connect to the email server...
rjbphotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/2009, 06:21 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the suggestion rjbphotos.

If anyone else has ideas let me know as re-entering the password did not solve the problem.
Old 08/02/2009, 08:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

bump 1
Old 08/02/2009, 09:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Have you tried removing and readding the account?
Old 08/02/2009, 09:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
Have you tried removing and readding the account?
+1 ^^ That is the simplest way to fix it
Achill3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/03/2009, 12:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Just did and now I get the following error: "user BAD Unknown command c9if9761569ana.11"

Ideas about that?

The error message I got, I just Googled and it came back with absolutely nothing. That, in-and-of-itself is unreal.

TIA,

Mark
Old 08/03/2009, 01:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Once I deleted/added the email account and got past the goofy error message, it did load the emails, the yellow triangle stayed, and it will no longer receive emails.

It looks like a call to palm unless somebody comes up with an idea...or is it sprint?
Old 08/03/2009, 03:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

I talked to a guy at Sprint who was, without doubt, the most helpful tech support person I've dealt with in the years I've been with Sprint. Don't remember his name....

He suggested 2 things and one of them worked. Reduced the synced days from 7 to either 3 or 1. I chose 3. Also, minimized the number of emails in my inbox (my isp is clearwire which is gmail/google-powered). I had a lot of emails in my inbox (1800+) that I had just been too lazy to archive.

Things now work fine. He did say, however, that this is a known problem with yahoo and gmail accounts and suggested a firmware update is possible.

So, for now, it is working fine.

Mark
Old 08/04/2009, 11:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

The tech's name is Alex and he called back this morning to see if things were working based on the two suggestions he gave....fwiw.
Old 09/13/2009, 07:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

I'm now getting this and changing the "synced" days from 7 to 3 did not help. This happens to be only on my Comcast emails and I also get a message that says "Retrieving Email Text" and a circle going around and around. I actually get the email, but it can't load the text? Also, the email shows up on my computer with the text, just not on my Pre. This just started Saturday morning and I'm not aware I did anything differently!

Any suggestions????

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

Be a Patriot, pray for Obama, Psalm 109:8

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
clemgrad85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/13/2009, 09:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

Well....I did a soft reset and that seemed to do the trick. Man, glad it's working, but that was frustrating!

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

Be a Patriot, pray for Obama, Psalm 109:8

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
clemgrad85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/14/2009, 05:19 AM   #13 (permalink)

I'm not at all familiar with comcast mail, but in gmail there is an inbox and an archived folder. If there are too many emails in the inbox, that could cause the problem. In fact, I'm pretty sure that was my problem. Once I moved the emails to the archive folder and out of the inbox, I was good to go. I'm back to 7 days of email, but keep the inbox a bit lower.
Old 11/17/2009, 02:19 PM   #14 (permalink)

I removed and readded the account and it worked for some time....but now its doing it again. I don't get notifications or emails pushed to my email anymore. This has to be something with 1.3.1 it started happening day of the update.
Hernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2009, 10:56 AM   #15 (permalink)

I'm boucing this thread back up to the top as this issue as risen it's head for me again. My problem is that while I'm getting my emails, the update bar states that the last time it was updated was 11/20. The triangle is definitely getting very irritating. I've performed several soft resets to no avail.

This is a Verizon (FIOS) account and I've also emptied the trash to no avail. Any ideas??

tx,
mpressive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2009, 11:07 AM   #16 (permalink)

I got the same error on turkey day. No I was able to get it working by adding and the acct again. All my other mail clients work fine. Just a question, was it your primary acct on your phone this happened to?
scoobdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2009, 07:01 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
I got the same error on turkey day. No I was able to get it working by adding and the acct again. All my other mail clients work fine. Just a question, was it your primary acct on your phone this happened to?
Just happened to me and yes it's my primary email... tried everything and nothing is working..
dstevens404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2009, 07:03 PM   #18 (permalink)

i had an issue with one of my accounts and had to do a partial reset to fix the problem also webos repair utility will fix a few email problems as well .
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0