Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if its possible to sync your contacts from the the pre to my gmail and outlook?

If so, can someone please explain to me step by step for syncing to both gmail and outlook please! I can't seem to figure it out.

Thank you!!!
    To sync your Pre with Gmail:

1. Open up the Contacts app on the Pre.

2. Tap on the word "Contacts" in the upper left corner, to open the app's top menu. Then tap where it says "Preferences & Accounts".

3. In the Preferences & Accounts screen, tap on the Add An Account button, at the bottom of the page.

4. In the Add An Account screen, tap on the Google button. Enter your E-mail address and password, and then tap on Sign In. Your contacts will sync from Google to your Pre.

5. To go the other way around, to have your Pre's contacts go to Google, simply set your Google account to be the Pre's default account, on the Preferences & Accounts screen. Notice it says "New contacts will default to this account" directly underneath the Default Account selection box.

To sync with Outlook, you've got two options. One is simply to set Outlook itself to sync with your Gmail account (don't ask me how, since I don't use Outlook, but I know it can be done rather easily). The other is to get Pocket Mirror from the App Catalog, which will enable direct 2-way syncing between the Pre and Outlook. You can do either or both.

You might also want to use the Palm Data Transfer Assistant, which will automate the one-time process of getting your info from Outlook to Gmail.
    Last edited by ABBlockhead; 08/01/2009 at 03:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBlockhead View Post
    To sync your Pre with Gmail:

1. Open up the Contacts app on the Pre.

2. Tap on the word "Contacts" in the upper left corner, to open the app's top menu. Then tap where it says "Preferences & Accounts".

3. In the Preferences & Accounts screen, tap on the Add An Account button, at the bottom of the page.

4. In the Add An Account screen, tap on the Google button. Enter your E-mail address and password, and then tap on Sign In. Your contacts will sync from Google to your Pre.

5. To go the other way around, to have your Pre's contacts go to Google, simply set your Google account to be the Pre's default account, on the Preferences & Accounts screen. Notice it says "New contacts will default to this account" directly underneath the Default Account selection box.

To sync with Outlook, you've got two options. One is simply to set Outlook itself to sync with your Gmail account (don't ask me how, since I don't use Outlook, but I know it can be done rather easily). The other is to get Pocket Mirror from the App Catalog, which will enable direct 2-way syncing between the Pre and Outlook. You can do either or both.

You might also want to use the Palm Data Transfer Assistant, which will automate the one-time process of getting your info from Outlook to Gmail.

I did all this and pressed, "sync now" and my contacts still dont appear on my gmail account.
    Last edited by andyckr; 08/01/2009 at 05:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Can someone please help me sync my contacts to my gmail account.

They only seem to appear on my gmail account when I create a new contact but I want to sync my contacts to gmail.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andyckr View Post
    Can someone please help me sync my contacts to my gmail account.

They only seem to appear on my gmail account when I create a new contact but I want to sync my contacts to gmail.
    I spent hours trying to figure this out and my only solution was to manually enter my contacts into Gmail, delete them from the Pre, then sync. It was a pain but was worth the trouble.

The problem is your contacts (probably transferred from your old phone) are being backed up to your Palm Profile. If you edit a contact that won't sync you will see, in the upper right corner, the Palm Profile icon. On the contacts that do sync you see the Google icon. I haven't seen a way to change this. When you set Google as your default account in contacts, it even says all NEW contacts will default to this account.

I don't know what would happen if you linked a google synced contact profile with a palm profile synced contact profile. I've already deleted all of my palm profile contacts so I can't try it.