Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. shaw_2112's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #21  
    Hello All,

    I'm going to revive this thread and continue beating an old dead horse.

    I'm have the exact problem as Mungo did. Let me start by saying that my Co. does not support EAS for the Pre. The only personal phone that they will support this service on is an iPhone 3GS. I was able to establish an account using EAS but I'm unable to sign in. This is because I have to register with my IT dept for an Active-Sync account, which as we already have established is not supported for the Pre.

    What I need is simple OWA getting pushed to my phone, going through the browser is unacceptable. I don't know why but when I reply to emails from the browser it always jumps the browser back to the top left corner and I can't see what I'm typing. Plus I need notification of incoming email, I can't spend my day logging in everytime I need to check my email.

    I know this service is available because I set it up on my wifes phone (Samsung Exclaim)and my previous phone (Samsung Instinct)

    How do I get OWA setup in my email accounts without using EAS or the Browser???????
  2. blu8503's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    #22  
    Many things have to be done to get this all working....I work in our IT dept and got this working for me without issue. First things
    1. on the exchange server your email account has to be set to work with active sync.
    2. you need to visit the web address for OWA on your Palm Pre and accept any certificates that come up.
    3. add a new email account to your pre using the web address for owa, the domain it belongs to and your username and password....the domain if anything like our OWA is what you put in front of your username when logging into OWA like: vcsb\mrickard would use vcsb
    4. should work no problem, trouble is it requires IT involvement Active Sync is disabled or enabled on a per-user base and is disabled by default
  3. shaw_2112's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by blu8503 View Post
    Many things have to be done to get this all working....I work in our IT dept and got this working for me without issue. First things
    1. on the exchange server your email account has to be set to work with active sync.
    2. you need to visit the web address for OWA on your Palm Pre and accept any certificates that come up.
    3. add a new email account to your pre using the web address for owa, the domain it belongs to and your username and password....the domain if anything like our OWA is what you put in front of your username when logging into OWA like: vcsb\mrickard would use vcsb
    4. should work no problem, trouble is it requires IT involvement Active Sync is disabled or enabled on a per-user base and is disabled by default
    1. My IT dept will not set up my acct for Active-Sync, no uncertainty here, been around that block already.

    2. I have zero problems accessing OWA through the browser. No certificates pop-up or anything else.

    3. I've added a new acct using every mail type available POP IMAP EAS and still cannot establish a connection with my OWA server.

    I know I can get OWA pushed to a phone because I set up my wifes phone already. The difference between phones is that her phone had an option to setup OWA, the Pre only only gives me EAS POP or IMAP.

    Where's the disconnect?? Is it simply that Palm will not support simple OWA push to the Pre??
  4. blu8503's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaw_2112 View Post
    1. My IT dept will not set up my acct for Active-Sync, no uncertainty here, been around that block already.

    2. I have zero problems accessing OWA through the browser. No certificates pop-up or anything else.

    3. I've added a new acct using every mail type available POP IMAP EAS and still cannot establish a connection with my OWA server.

    I know I can get OWA pushed to a phone because I set up my wifes phone already. The difference between phones is that her phone had an option to setup OWA, the Pre only only gives me EAS POP or IMAP.

    Where's the disconnect?? Is it simply that Palm will not support simple OWA push to the Pre??
    hmmm...I guess I do not understand...OWA is not something that is separate from Exchange, right? did her phone have an option for EAS?
  5. blu8503's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by blu8503 View Post
    hmmm...I guess I do not understand...OWA is not something that is separate from Exchange, right? did her phone have an option for EAS?
    Actually if there is any sort of connecting the mobile phone to OWA I am almost 100% sure it uses EAS. There used to be something called OMA which was something totally seperate. OWA is simply outlook on the web through a web browser, but OWA with EAS is email in mobile form syncing with your phone. I guess what i am saying is I am not able to help you with what you are asking for, sorry
  6. djmcgee's Avatar
    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #26  
    We also use webmail for EAS access outside our domain. You must have:

    1. email address - the complete email address for mail sent to you
    2. incoming mail server address. should be something like https://webmail.xxxx.com or .net or something like this. You should be able to obtain from your web browser connection information.
    3. your domain name (from your pc login)
    4. your username (from your pc login)
    5. your password (from your pc login)

    Hope this helps. Screenshots in this case won't help, you must have these 5 items when you configure a new EAS account on the Pre
    Dan
  7. shaw_2112's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    We also use webmail for EAS access outside our domain. You must have:

    1. email address - the complete email address for mail sent to you
    2. incoming mail server address. should be something like https://webmail.xxxx.com or .net or something like this. You should be able to obtain from your web browser connection information.
    3. your domain name (from your pc login)
    4. your username (from your pc login)
    5. your password (from your pc login)

    Hope this helps. Screenshots in this case won't help, you must have these 5 items when you configure a new EAS account on the Pre
    So hard to understand sometimes over the net. Simply put EAS and OWA are not the same. I cannot use EAS to access my mail, it's simply not supported.

    All I'm looking for is email sync to my phone. I don't need calender, contacts or anything else. This is possible with OWA on any other phone except my Pre. It seems like it should be such a simple thing, I tried tech support at Palm and all they could tell me was contact my IT Dept, useless, I already did that and I know my settings work on other phones...
  8. papazoo's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #28  
    Simply put EAS and OWA are not the same. I cannot use EAS to access my mail, it's simply not supported.

    I know exactly what you mean - I have two email addresses on Outlook (my employer's Exchange server and one on my client's Exchange server). My employer's IT dept won't allow EAS support(only blackberry support) so it would only be a matter of them turning it on, on the server. My client's email works AOK . If i get get both emails working on my Pre that would be sweet!
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaw_2112 View Post
    So hard to understand sometimes over the net. Simply put EAS and OWA are not the same. I cannot use EAS to access my mail, it's simply not supported.

    All I'm looking for is email sync to my phone. I don't need calender, contacts or anything else. This is possible with OWA on any other phone except my Pre. It seems like it should be such a simple thing, I tried tech support at Palm and all they could tell me was contact my IT Dept, useless, I already did that and I know my settings work on other phones...
    Can I ask how you set up OWA on your other phones? Do you enter in the webmail HTTPS url, domain name, user name, and password in the same way you set up a regular EAS account?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  10. shaw_2112's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Can I ask how you set up OWA on your other phones? Do you enter in the webmail HTTPS url, domain name, user name, and password in the same way you set up a regular EAS account?
    exactly, I really didn't need the domain name, all I needed to do was input the info pretty much the way I'd login through a browser

    https://owa.url
    username
    password

    and that's it.

    I even get calendar and contacts sync on my wifes phone.... ***????

    I tried looking at the settings on my wifes phone but I can't figure out where they're at, I was wondering what email type or protocols it's using. The only difference is when I setup her phone, it asks me specifically if I have a OWA. Exactlty the same on my Instinct when I had it.

    It has to be a different protocol than EAS.

    Just to be sure, I deleted the acct and added it again. Works fine..
  11. agiudici's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #31  
    is there anyway to set up email if you need to first go to a secure vpn site login then access webmail OWA ? I can not ge to work no problem accessing through browser but it is a pain any ideas on setting up through pre?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions