webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Synergy and Synchronization > Mail Caution Symbol
Mail Caution Symbol
Old 07/30/2009, 08:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
The yellow caution symbol (triangle with an exclamation mark inside) shows up after email sync. There are no other messages associated with it. Though somewhat delayed by a few minutes, mail appears to arrive normally on my pre.

Anyone know what it means and how I get rid of it?

jxflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/30/2009, 08:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Check you login passwords.

I had this problem once and rest the password in the account pref. and it went away.
YBCold#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/2009, 07:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
I just updated the passwords but the symbol is still there. Thanks for the answer though.
Old 07/31/2009, 04:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
So I just got off the phone with Palm Support Level 2. An hour later, I find out that the caution symbol and inability of my phone to update emails immediately... I have too many emails in my inbox - according to Palm.

If I set the "Show Email" preference to 3 days, my phone will not clog and function appropriately. Any more than that and email "clogs up."

Funny thing is, I'm not a power email user. Three days for me is about 40 emails. I'm sure there are people on here who get 40 emails a day.

You need to fix this, Palm. I'm pretty sure the iPhone can handle more than 40 emails at a time.
Thanked By: PookiePrancer
Old 07/31/2009, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
So, the analyst didn't have an answer and made something up. I'd expect that of a Level 1 analyst, but not Level 2.

I finally traced the yellow caution symbol in my 'All Inboxes' to an e-mail that failed to send. I re-sent the e-mail and the yellow triangle went away. I can't remember how I found the item - I think I was digging through Sent items looking for something else.

I have two weeks of e-mails saved to the device, which is hundreds, if not thousands (200-300 per day), and I expect the Pre can handle tens of thousands - though I haven't tested it.

It would be nice if tapping on the alert would bring you to the problem e-mail.
"I like paying taxes. With them I buy civilization." Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.
BB 850 -> BB 957 -> BB 7230 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> BB 8330 -> Palm Pre -> ?

Last edited by kabamm; 07/31/2009 at 09:56 PM.
kabamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2009, 08:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
I found it helps to look at each email account individually and see which one is setting off the warning. I was getting it in my "All inboxes" view, but narrowed it down to Yahoo. Going by what JXFlyer found out, I noticed I had 63 SPAM messages in Yahoo. I deleted them all, and the triangle went away, so I think there's some truth to what he found out.

The number of emails in my other folders doesn't seem to be an issue, as I have a lot.
PookiePrancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2009, 08:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
You'll also get the yellow triangle if you first use EVDO to open your email, allow your email to remain open and then connect to a wifi that requires a password (such as Hooters wifi or Cafe Express). Just enter the password and/or log into the wifi connection site and this resolves the triangle.

Just an FYI
Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
Achill3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/03/2010, 08:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
mine went away when i emptied my drafts and trash folder on the phone
edmaddie is offline   Reply With Quote

caution symbol, email, error, triangle

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0