1.    #1  
    Hello, kinda new to the pam pre family and I was wondering is there a facebook application for the pre? fbook mobile sucks. also how do I link my facebook contacts??

Thanks
    Not yet. September/October anticipated release.

Contacts - Preferences and Accounts -Add an Account - Facebook

You can sync them at any time after adding them.
    Be aware though, it's an all or nothing Facebook account. You can't pick and choose which friends from Facebook you want synced to your Pre. So if you have 800 facebook friends, expect that many contacts to show up on your Pre.
    I would just use the actual facebook page on the Pre. It looks good and you aren't limited to the capabilities of any app. The x.facebook.com site that is bookmarked in the Pre is getting better but still limited.

As for adding contacts..go into contacts. Tap the "Contacts" tab at the top left. Click "Preferences And Accounts". At the bottom is a button that says "Add An Account". From this point it's self explanatory and easy.

And since you are new... many of the questions you will have in the next few days can be answered by using the search function on these forums. I can assure you ANY problem you might have has already been discussed in great detail.

Good Luck!
    Wow.

Ummmm... You might generate alot of buzz with this question. Some good, most frustrated, and some might just pass you by.

Here goes.

No, currently, this is no information about a FACEBOOK app for the Palm Pre. There is alot of speculation, but, no hard facts. The TV Commercial actually shows something a little different than the x.Facebook site that came preinstalled as an ICON and Bookmark.

Alot of users are using the FACEBOOK.COM site directly with alot of pinch and zoom. The Facebook Chat actually works from within the main site.

The Facebook mobile is not Pre/Iphone optimized and therefore is kind of ... weak?

Just a quick word of advice, make sure you CLEAN up your FACEBOOK and GOOGLE before syncing your contacts. ALL or NONE is the saying here. If you have 300 contacts of nobodys that you do not care for, than you will have 300 nobodys in your Pre Contact. Some do not like this, some do.. Universal search has managed to save some while others just did not like it. (too many contacts)

On the Pre. Hit the contacts icon.
    Upper left, hit the Contacts Tab.
    Press Preferences & Accounts.
    Add Account.

The rest should be self explanatory, if not, let me know, or do what I'm sure many will tell you, 'quick search the forums' as this question was asked a gazillion times. So, hopefully this helps and prevents alot of people from... targeting ya.

Were a testy bunch when it comes to this issue (facebook) :-)
    It would be cool if they did a nice app. The problem I find with the App on the iPhone is that the ability to chat with people is pointless as once I close the app it vanishes. Being able to run a facebook app in the background on the Pre would be sweet.

I am still waiting on the flood of apps..
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    There are other threads on this, but the quick answer is to go to your bookmarks and change the x.facebook.com to m.facebook.com, which will give you the true mobile site, works great. Can also go to Welcome to Facebook | Facebook and use the true site without too much issue, depending on your connection.

To sync up your facebook contacts, go to Contacts, click in the upper left corner and on Preference & Accounts, then scroll down and click Add Account, log into your Facebook account and it will sync.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  8.    #8  
    Thanks alot people!! you have been more than helpful
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Umm actually there is a built in facebook "app" so to speak its a browser version similar to facebook mobile and its lightweight and fast for certain tasks. but just go to the facebook.com site as the browser is awesome for it and even supports FB chat! just pinch to zoom or double tap areas you wish to see larger..
    When using the 'upload to facebook' option in photos, will the photo appear in a 'Mobile Uploads' section of the Facebook photo albums? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by packpackpack View Post
    When using the 'upload to facebook' option in photos, will the photo appear in a 'Mobile Uploads' section of the Facebook photo albums? Thanks!

Yes
    There is no spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by johnknapik View Post
    I would just use the actual facebook page on the Pre. It looks good and you aren't limited to the capabilities of any app.
    I've seen a lot of people say that the full facebook page looks great. I agree, with the one exception that, for me, the toolbar shows up in the middle of a friend update, rather than at the bottom of the page.

Is it like this for everyone, or is there some setting I can change to fix it?
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clindner View Post
    I've seen a lot of people say that the full facebook page looks great. I agree, with the one exception that, for me, the toolbar shows up in the middle of a friend update, rather than at the bottom of the page.

I was going to say, there is a Facebook app. It's either x.facebook.com (mobile which is neutered) or Welcome to Facebook | Facebook which works great .....except that friggen tool bar that can't sit still and floats up sometimes.
    I guess the kids use facebook differently than adults. Why anyone would add 300 "friends" to their facebook account that they dont even know or like is beyond me.

Every single one of my facebook friends were already in my contact database. Now I have their picture as well. I think it is a great feature.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clindner View Post

like that for me as well.

The full facebook site is nice, but at times it's aggravating because if I haven't rebooted in a couple weeks and I am on the full site, I can't open any new cards.
    I find that the comment boxes are just a little too small to type into on the full page. I deal with it but it does get annoying at times. I would like a full featured local app.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I find the full page great, and the fact that the chat/app bar is in a fixed location is fine for me, so I don't have to scroll for 10 minutes to get all the way to the bottom to check new notifications (never got those btw on fbook apps before). The toolbar does go through someone's update, but come on, how likely is it that the one you are just 'dying' to read is the one that toolbar obscures (slightly).

Now if I could only upload multiple pics from the pre without view/select/attach, I'd be set!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    You would've thought a FaceBook app would have been ready to go at launch... seems more valuable then say Fandango.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I guess the kids use facebook differently than adults. Why anyone would add 300 "friends" to their facebook account that they dont even know or like is beyond me.

Every single one of my facebook friends were already in my contact database. Now I have their picture as well. I think it is a great feature.
    I suppose it is an age thing. I have around 250 friends, with maybe about 75 I'd be willing to put in my Contacts (Some are from high school that I wasn't really friends with but have no reason not to accept the friend request.) I also manage bands and its good PRPRPR $to$ $accept$ $fan$ $friend$ $requests$ $of$ $people$ $we$ $met$ $the$ $night$ $before$. $Am$ $I$ $interested$ $in$ $having$ $them$ $there$ $to$ $invite$ $to$ $future$ $shows$ $on$ $the$ $events$ $pages$? $Yes$. $Do$ $I$ $talk$ $to$ $them$ $otherwise$? $Heck$ $no$, $half$ $are$ $groupies$.

So I wish Facebook would give me an option to check off who I want to sync with my Pre rather than an "All or Nothing" standpoint. Just saying, not all Faebook friends are created equal.