1.    #1  
    Does anyone who syncs their Facebook contacts with their Pre notice that it doesn't synch their birthdays in your calendar? I find it rather odd my FB contacts birthday is in my contacts but NOT in my calendar. Whats the point? Is there a way to fix this?

Thnx.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I've wondered the same thing. And there is no notification of someone's birthday for that day.

Most likely excuse - they'll fix it in a future update
    That function is not yet available yet. It will notice events and place them on your Pre but birthdays alone, not yet.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    There is a workaround...Birthday exporter for facebook makes an iCal file that you can import into Google Calendar and have all the birthdays on facebook in your calendar.

Birthday Exporter
    Last edited by Nismode; 07/29/2009 at 12:19 AM.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    now is there a way to have the birthdays automatically go into your google calendar?

the birthday exporter is nice, but when you add a friend, i am assuming, that friend's birthday will not show up...

if I go to "events" in my facebook, the birthdays are there, why can't it go to my calendar in my pre, I have it checked to sync with facebook...

thanks for any help
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    now is there a way to have the birthdays automatically go into your google calendar?

the birthday exporter is nice, but when you add a friend, i am assuming, that friend's birthday will not show up...

if I go to "events" in my facebook, the birthdays are there, why can't it go to my calendar in my pre, I have it checked to sync with facebook...

thanks for any help

I guess that that could possible work but remember the awesome part of the Pre/Pixi is that they syncronize everything into one place on your phone but DON'T mess with the origional places (keeping each event to its own source) It would be a mess if stuff started putting itself into all your calendar sources
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    It pretty simple. Facebook does not put birthdays in your Facebook Calendar. If you click on "Events" in facebook you will see that the birthdays are not in there. If they were then they would show up in your facebook calendar on your pre. For palm to manually add them it would mean that Palm would have to break their own synergy rules to do so. Not a good idea.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Here's what you need. fbCal.com - Facebook Calendar Generator

Add that as a Google Calendar and it will show up on your Pre. When a new friend is added, it automatically is included in the feed to the google calendar and thus your Pre.

This is the workaround I've been using. Only downside is there is no notification....but it will be there on your Calendar. This also assumes your friend has populated and made available their Birthday on their FB profile.

Make sure you use the "Subscription" for Google and not just the iCal file.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedill24 View Post
    Here's what you need. fbCal.com - Facebook Calendar Generator

Add that as a Google Calendar and it will show up on your Pre. When a new friend is added, it automatically is included in the feed to the google calendar and thus your Pre.

This is the workaround I've been using. Only downside is there is no notification....but it will be there on your Calendar. This also assumes your friend has populated and made available their Birthday on their FB profile.

Make sure you use the "Subscription" for Google and not just the iCal file.
    thanks for this... will observe this... seems like its still not showing in my google calendar yet...

nice work around
    I had issues with fbCal, personally, though the above-mentioned Birthday Exporter works great for me.
    just to update... seems to be working for me thanks