1.    #1  
    I searched, but came up empty. Quick question. When you delete an eMail on the Pre in the Gmail mailbox, does it delete it on the Gmail server, or archive it on the Gmail server?

TIA
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    It sends it to the trash folder in Gmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    I searched, but came up empty. Quick question. When you delete an eMail on the Pre in the Gmail mailbox, does it delete it on the Gmail server, or archive it on the Gmail server?

TIA
    You can configure it to Archive if you want to.
    If you go into your preferences for email, pull up your gmail account, and set your default trash folder as (gmail)/allmail you will send your mail to the archive folder (the all mail folder) and not the trash folder. I think if you let it be sent to the trash folder gmail will remove it after 30 days. If you let it be sent to the all mail folder it becomes archived forever (until you run out of space anyway)
    Quote Originally Posted by throwerbev View Post
    If you go into your preferences for email, pull up your gmail account, and set your default trash folder as (gmail)/allmail you will send your mail to the archive folder (the all mail folder) and not the trash folder. I think if you let it be sent to the trash folder gmail will remove it after 30 days. If you let it be sent to the all mail folder it becomes archived forever (until you run out of space anyway)
    Thanks for this!
    Just saw this article describing the same procedure as above, but nice and graphically.

Palm Pre Gmail archive hack | Lisa Brewster

(A recent GMail convert, who is currently importing a 3000k message mail account.)
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Yeah, that archive 'hack' will do for now. Hopefully down the road a bit the Pre will have better gmail support. A real 'Delete', 'Archive', 'Mark as Spam' set of features.