Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I have had this happen several times now, perhaps someone can help me figure out what's happening.

I have two google calendars - one is my personal calendar, I have read/write to it. The other is my wife's appointment schedule, I have read-only access to that one. A number of times now, my wife has deleted an event on her calendar that does not get deleted from my Pre. It's obviously gone from my online calendar, but it's still there on my Pre - I don't have any way to delete it since it's read-only for me, and it never goes away. It doesn't always happen. In fact, I have a stuck appointment today. I had her create another appointment in that same time slot on the same calendar as the stuck one - that one synced, then she deleted it and it was removed, but the phantom appointment is still there. The only way I've found to clear it when it happens is to remove my google account and readd it. Not exactly impressive syncing there.

As a separate question, how long does it generally take for an appointment made on google.com/calendar to show up in the Pre calendar? It seems awfully slow, is it just making a request from the Pre every so often for updated events?

Thank goodness for m.google.com/calendar... It's far faster than the native calendar, and much more reliable. Shouldn't be that way...
    First of all, totally concur about m.google.com/calendar -- just wish it had all of my calendars, not just the primary one for the Google account.

I am having this same issue and another one (about recurring appointments). with regard to the subscribed calendar issue, I don't know why this is the case. My calendar changes frequently and often Mr. Gr is unaware of the change. "Sync Now" does nothing.

Clearly another bug. I think Palm would be working overtime to get the calendar up to par with that of their previous generation product.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    First of all, totally concur about m.google.com/calendar -- just wish it had all of my calendars, not just the primary one for the Google account.
    Mine does... it shows my primary and the read-only secondary as well. Possibly you have a more complex calendaring setup than I do tho.

I am having this same issue and another one (about recurring appointments). with regard to the subscribed calendar issue, I don't know why this is the case. My calendar changes frequently and often Mr. Gr is unaware of the change. "Sync Now" does nothing.

Clearly another bug. I think Palm would be working overtime to get the calendar up to par with that of their previous generation product.
    No kidding. I am not impressed with it right now at all... it's slow and buggy, and frankly wasn't worth releasing. I have great hopes for the third party solutions I know are coming tho...
    Yes, I have 5 calendars plus Mr. Gr's read-only. I can only enter into the main calendar from any google web app (full desktop calender in browser or m-version).

To enter or change something now, I am going to have to into a google web-based calendar, input the basic info/change, then going into the Pre to change which calendar it is on. What a mess...

Also to search my calendar (such as a client asks:"when are my appts in August?"). I have to use the full google desktop calendar in the web browser -- which cannot happen while on the phone in Sprint-world. If they fixed the calendar to allow proper search that would solve that one...
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Yeah, universal search really ought to include the calendar...

I want to see a calendar app that has better integration with google's, and forget the slow clunky one. Cache maybe two weeks past data and the next two months of data locally, but leave the rest of it in the cloud (make this user settable perhaps.) Give me FAST day switches and loading - it's sad that the mobile google calendar tool is far faster than the built-in one, whether on wifi or evdo. Heck, far as I'm concerned, the local calendar should only be a portal to the web calendar...

Same with tasks. Accessing the google tasklist is just as fast as the native one, plus I can fill out my grocery list from the computer, it's a lot faster than using the chicklet keyboard.
    No doubt the PIM is the worst thing about the Pre.

I really like the phone for fun, but for business it pretty much sucks.

I actually like Sprint though, so that is a nice change from AT&T. I'm hoping Palm realizes that they gave away their strong-suit and fixes this stuff before adding more Nascar, NFL type things.

m.google.com/tasks is wonderful and since it is an entry screen, I can actually copy things and paste them!

All this has turned me into a google lover!!
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    All this has turned me into a google lover!!
    me too... I am using a little inexpensive syncer between outlook and google for contacts and calendar - http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/index.shtml

Works well and I have the updates set to happen pretty quickly, kinda cool to see contacts I've added on my phone show up in outlook, by magic.

I suspect as far as PIM software goes tho, we're going to be looking for a 3rd party solution. App Catalog to the rescue, I hope...
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Why would you not use the free syncing too from google?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I meant for syncing from outlook to gmail, why would you pay for that tool when Google has their own free one? That is what I have and it seems to be working ok (to sync my outlook and google, haven't dont it with the pre yet since mine is in the mail).
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I'm syncing calendar and contacts between google and outlook. The google tool only does calendar syncing.