Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    So I'm having an issue with Google Chat/Talk. It's less a problem on the Pre, and more an issue with Google.

Before the Pre I used Outlook to sync contacts with my WinMo phone. Upon moving to the Pre I decided to ditch Outlook and take advantage of Synergy. I deleted all of my Gmail contacts and used to Data Migration Tool to move from Outlook -> Pre -> Google. My contacts are in the Address Book for Gmail, but none of my Google Chat buddies are listed after the delete/migration. I've fiddled with the settings but cannot find a way to make the contacts show up in Chat anymore.

I've searched the forums, and searched through Google for assistance. They list how to 'Add' someone to Google Talk/Chat, but they never appear online after doing so.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    I've noticed this as well. I can't seem to remove any google talk contacts from my Pre yet they don't appear in my google contacts online. Hmmm...ODD
    under the contact in gmail, try adding their email or google talk name under the instant messaging section. see if that helps. work with a buddy to make sure you can get things going.

This happened with my wife, adding it is what i remember doing to fix it.

good luck

p.s. good to see someone from "el valle" on here.
    Oh, thanks, I was having the same problem.