Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I thought this was the whole point of the patch, yet everyone I've read about is getting "unable to validate incoming..." errors!

This is BULL****.

Does Palm do any testing? Make it work, Palm.
    I've not had any problems since day one ... Perhaps something about your specific Exchange configuration? What is it that doesn't actually work?

The issues this update fixed were centered around advanced ActiveSync security policies.

So it really only mattered to those folks who were having those policies enforced by their organization.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Well...my Exchange integration worked okay when I first got mine on opening day...then it stopped working about a month ago...and when I tried to delete and re-create the account my Pre complained about security policies...so I figured my company changed the security policies on the server to request PIN and wipe capabilities...so I began waiting for this worthless release.

This blows.
    I have had SSL problems since day 1 and I still am. Palm level 2 support has told me that it is not a problem with the server or self signed cert. They have tested it on other devices and it works,but a problem with the pre is preventing it from working.

If any of you live in the bay area and can fix this (I have server access) I will pay.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I just think it's crazy that this release was supposed to support EAS and it clearly doesn't. That's ludicrous. I can get to by Exchange webmail via https://"webmail"."domain"."com" and it works fine...I can do the same (and more) by using Entourage going against that web server as well.

MAKE IT WORK BEFORE YOU RELEASE IT.
    my company has a self signed cert... that is also EXPIRED!

all i ask is that there be an "option/disclaimer" that you accept this cert at your own risk and then accept it.

Right now it just flat out denies you.
    EAS worked just fine for me and now works with many organizations security policies. If an exchange server was Properly configured and not requiring the security features just added, it WORKS. Some key things:

-Self signed certs...Just pay a few bucks and get a cert from GoDaddy. (never had a problem with their certs)
    -Non-SSL issue from the past...Tell your IT department to get a clue.
    -Using SSL and GoDaddy cert and still couldnt connect....there is a config issue with Exchange and have IT department fix it. There is another thread in this forum that details exactly what needs to be done. Had problem with first WM phone and first exchange server I ever set up. Followed similar directions and it worked.

Problem is too many people that think they are true IT people when they truly are not.
    I still cant access my schools website.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    As far as I'm concerned, if OWA works in ANY browser and there are no certificate issues or warnings then EAS should work. Also, if my Entourage mail client works using the same web server (using SSL) then the Pre should work - it uses ActiveSync as well. Palm didn't build out the solution completely - they tried to cover.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Why not post this on the Palm forum or call Palm support? I doubt your complaints of "not doing testing" and to "make it work" will get any resolution here.

For what it's worth, my IT folks do some pretty idiotic things, but they set up exchange correctly. Exchange mail has been working on my Pre since day 1.

Maybe your company changed its security policies to lock out the Pre. Have you contacted them??? If it worked, then stopped, how is it the Pre's fault?
    "Also, if my Entourage mail client works using the same web server (using SSL) then the Pre should work - it uses ActiveSync as well."

Entourage does 'not' use ActiveSync at all. It actually utilizes WebDav in order to function. When Entourage 2008 SP2 is released it will begin utilizing the Exchange Management Framework (EMF not EAS) that is new in Exchange 2007 and will be the bases for all third party support to Exchange when Exchange 2010 is released in the Fall.

I would start by asking your IT Department if they have made any particular changes to security or if they have installed a new certificate lately. In Exchange 2007, particularly if there is more than one CAS server in the organization it's not as simple as just installing a cert. You have to run several commands to make all the components of Exchange recognize and use the new cert properly. There really are many variables to the equation.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcampbell View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, if OWA works in ANY browser and there are no certificate issues or warnings then EAS should work. Also, if my Entourage mail client works using the same web server (using SSL) then the Pre should work - it uses ActiveSync as well. Palm didn't build out the solution completely - they tried to cover.
    Just another example of someone thinking they know whats going on when they truly dont!
    Exchange Server Remote Connectivity Analyzer ...

You can use this to test your organizations ActiveSync setup to see if it is functioning properly for your account.

Go to this web site:
    https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

Under "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Connectivity Tests" select "Exchange ActiveSync" and then when the test page comes up enter the ActiveSync Server name (most likely your OWA server ie. mail.organization.com). Then your user name in the form of domain\username or username@domain.org user name.

Then once you agree to the terms and enter the CAPTCHA verification the test will literally do a test connection and sync against your mailbox. It will then give you the results which you can drill down through and see exactly what worked and didn't work during the test. If all goes well then everything should have worked fine. If not then you at least have some info to troubleshoot with. This would be a whole lot more productive then just saying it doesn't work.
    mine works fine and I just got my phone last night, couldn't be easier! i would assume it's how your environment is set up. I administer an exchange 2007 cluster at work and I had to make ZERO modifications to make this work. We had a guy from day one on the pre be able to connect via owa without a problem so the latest OS upgrade wasn't even needed for me to connect. My phone shipped with 1.03 and I tested it prior to the upgrade to 1.1 just to see if it would work and it did. Expired certs are unacceptable in a company today and I would speak to the admins on site if possible. Remember that they have to allow Outlook Web Access on your domain account for it to happen. We disable owa access per account by default and only open it on managers request.
    Mine's been working since day one and it was actually easier to set up than my WM phones were.
    Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    The problem is that Palm thinks they have to be the gate keeper of all things secure on someone's EAS, and they're wrong.

They're supposed to deliver email to the consumers device who actually purchased their product. Not everybody has access to their exchange server IT folks and even those that do, most do not have influence over security policies.

If my IT folks did not do a proper job setting up the server or keeping the server secure that's not Palm's business, nor is is Palm's problem. I have put the exact same server settings in a WinMo 6.1 and 6.5 phone and I have email, same for the iPhone I've tested it on. Yet, even with WebOS 1.1 I still get an error, though this is the new one: "Unable to Validate incoming mail server settings. Check the settings and try again."

Palm's job is to provide their customer with a workable email client on their product, which they are still struggling to do with the 1.1 update. Maybe they should check their setting and try again, because I check mine with every update and this is still the only phone I cannot use to access my email.
    Mine works great now that I got the update... I think OP FAILs.
    Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    Ever wonder why you have 377 posts but only 16 "thanks"?
    Quote Originally Posted by vansmack View Post
    Ever wonder why you have 377 posts but only 16 "thanks"?
    Its because I despise whiny little kids. Palm doesn't have to fix jack sh#t... If you don't like it, get a phone that works for you, instead of posting thread after thread of complaints, and "Palm should do this," and "Palm FAIL!" etc...

You can thank me later, or not... 'thanks' are yet another way for people to feel more self-righteous, and that's another thing I am not.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Mine works great now that I got the update... I think OP FAILs.
    So because yours works it means that the OP failed? Mine still does not work, does that mean that for some reason I fail? I take it that if the update didn't fix YOUR problem you'd be singing a different tune.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast