1.    #1  
    Ok, I have friends on Facebook that I have just for the purpose of fueling my application/game rage. So I don't really need all of those people to show up in the contact list of my Pre. After researching this “chaos of contacts” situation it seems as though you can't selectively choose who you want and who you don't want synced to your Pre from your Facebook account. Knowing this I came up with my own little solution.

So the first thing I did was create a contact labeled "Un-needed Facebook Contacts." After creating that blank contact I went back to my contact list and starting from the top went to every un-needed contact and linked it to the previously made "Un-needed Facebook Contacts" contact. Doing this eliminates the specific contact from the master list and puts it under the newly created contact. I am still weeding out the stragglers from my master contact list but so far I have consolidated about *80 FB contacts into the "Un-needed Facebook Contacts" contact.

The first thing you do to link a contact to another contact is to select the contact you want removed from the master list. Then touch the name of the selected contact on the top of the screen. A "Link more profiles..." option will appear. Tap on the option and then select the contact from the master list that you would like to consolidate the previously selected contact too.

This method could be used for any contacts that you do not want to appear in the master list.
    Last edited by jhebert121; 07/26/2009 at 12:03 AM.
    WOW m8 nice work around.
    I am doing this now
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Lol, pure genius. Does this make any changes to facebook.
    when you mean "Un-needed Facebook contacts", do you mean the contacts that are already on your phone before the Pre syncs with facebook or the facebook contacts you dont want on your phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by PacketStealer View Post
    when you mean "Un-needed Facebook contacts", do you mean the contacts that are already on your phone before the Pre syncs with facebook or the facebook contacts you dont want on your phone?
    Facebook contacts you dont want on your phone.

I ran into the same problem beforehand, especially with AIM contacts. Thanks for this!
    haha! good idea.

before, i just went on facebook and deleted all my "friends" that i didnt want on my phone. priorities. clears your news feed of worthless ****, too.
    Good thinking! I'll probably do it with all the contacts that gmail "thinks" I need after sending them an email.