1.    #1  
    Hello -

So I have updated to web OS 1.1 and still facebook will not sync even if I click on sync or retype my password. I have been deleting facebook contacts so I don't have as many contacts in my phone but my phone doesn't reflect the changes!!! Anyone have any ideas besides to remove my facebook account and add it everytime I delete/add a friend. Thanks.

Chad
    Quote Originally Posted by chlue99 View Post
    Hello -

So I have updated to web OS 1.1 and still facebook will not sync even if I click on sync or retype my password. I have been deleting facebook contacts so I don't have as many contacts in my phone but my phone doesn't reflect the changes!!! Anyone have any ideas besides to remove my facebook account and add it everytime I delete/add a friend. Thanks.

Chad
    After updating to 1.1, I've immediately ran the sync and it worked without a hitch.

Go to "Contact" select the contacts drop down menu select "Preferences & Accounts" scroll to bottom and select "Sync Now"
    The way I understand it, the FB sync'ing is if you actually delete the contact (or add a new) in FB itself.

If you just delete a FB contact from ur phone, then when it syncs with FB again, it will pull that contact again.
    This worked for me after the Update to WebOS 1.1

Go to "Contacts" select the contacts drop down menu select "Preferences & Accounts" scroll to bottom and select "Sync Now"
    This still doesn't work for me either, I can click synch now all I want, go to the facebook account and enter in my password, all works and I get no errors, but no new contacts are synched. Details for previously listed FB contacts are updated but no new contacts in FB for the last 3 weeks have been added.
    I don't really want to delete and add my account again because I don't want to go through the pain of manually associating FB contacts to my gmail contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_halvorson View Post
    This still doesn't work for me either, I can click synch now all I want, go to the facebook account and enter in my password, all works and I get no errors, but no new contacts are synched. Details for previously listed FB contacts are updated but no new contacts in FB for the last 3 weeks have been added.
    I don't really want to delete and add my account again because I don't want to go through the pain of manually associating FB contacts to my gmail contacts.
    I understand your problem. Crazy thing is, it works for me. When I manually sync'ed with FB, all the friends I added since my initial sync showed up in my Pre.

I don't understand why its working for some, but not others.
    This still doesn't work for me either went to sprint they can't fix so they gave me a new phone still dose not work. they said come back next and they will ck on it for me.
    it just started working today
    I am in the same boat as chlue99. I have added at least 3 or 4 new contacts on FB (not the Pre) and they have not shown up on the Pre no matter how many times I sync my accounts or log back into the Facebook on the phone. I have to delete my FB account and recreate it for the new contacts to show. Frustrating because it apparently works for some. Yes, I am at rev 1.1.
    Try adding all of your friends last name in your phone (or at least save their name way appears in facebook). This way if you have to delete your facebook sync to your phone you don't have to manually add everybody when you resync facebook. This is what I did before 1.1 and it worked out pretty well for 90% of my contacts (still had to add certain ones however)
    Mine was not working either so I deleted the account from the phone and re-added it. Worked great after that.