Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So Facebook updates were awful!!! One person who I added on there a week after I got the Pre didn't show up until earlier this week!!!

After the 1.1 update I did a manual sync and PRESTO...everyone in my FB who was newly added (in the last 2-3 weeks) suddenly showed up in my contacts! It's still setting Facebook as the primary profile for linked contacts (even though Google is set as the default account under preferences), but at least they are there now.

Does anyone know if the Pre will sync to Facebook more often now, or was this a one time thing???
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    How did you get that to happen? I tried a manual sync (the second time during which I did Facebook sign-in and then pushed to sync) and it didn't add the person who has been missing on there for weeks (since about a few days after I got the Pre on Launch Day). (Before the update, though, it had already added several other new ppl over the last week or so, very soon after I'd added each of them.)

I'm still also missing photos for two ppl who have Facebook photos - they have never synced with the Pre. Strange!
    My Facebook contacts update within minutes of a change. Friend of mine got a Pre, so I had him update his Facebook to see how long it took my Pre to register the new number, less than 5 minutes.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    After the 1.1 update, all my new friends from the last 3 weeks updated right away. It's awesome this was fixed!
    Facebook contact info/pictures take effect within minutes.
    Syncing of new friend additions take about 24 hours (unless you do a manual sync).
    Follow Me On

How can I check to see if my facebook is still syncing? I added new friends in the last weeks and they still not showing up in my contacts.
    Has anyone played around with the relatively new facebook feature of categorizing contacts? I wonder if this will eventually be used as a way to decide which facebook contacts to sync.
    My FB contacts are still not updating. I didn't even have a FB account before the pre but got it so I wouldn't have to update peoples contact info myself, but just pull down what they have entered.
    I tried manually synching from Preferences & Acounts at the bottom last night and this morning and also within Facebook under Accounts and no new contacts.
    I have been getting new pictures for the accounts that are already on my Pre, but as I just set this up a month ago I have probably 30 more contacts in FB in the last 3 weeks that are still not synching.
    I guess I just need to delete it and add it again and go through the hastle of the manual associations with what I have from my google account.
    I don't know how they can put in the release notes that this was fixed.
    Last edited by rich_halvorson; 07/24/2009 at 10:09 AM. Reason: clarrification.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    How did you get that to happen? I tried a manual sync (the second time during which I did Facebook sign-in and then pushed to sync) and it didn't add the person who has been missing on there for weeks (since about a few days after I got the Pre on Launch Day). (Before the update, though, it had already added several other new ppl over the last week or so, very soon after I'd added each of them.)

I'm still also missing photos for two ppl who have Facebook photos - they have never synced with the Pre. Strange!
    1) Open Contacts
    2) Click on "Contacts" at top left
    3) Click "Preferences & Accounts"
    4) Scroll to bottom and click "Sync now"

It will manually sync all of your accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Facebook contact info/pictures take effect within minutes.
    Syncing of new friend additions take about 24 hours (unless you do a manual sync).
    That always puzzled me...for existing Facebook friends, the photos would update right away. New Facebook friends took WEEKS to show up though. 24 hours would have been acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Has anyone played around with the relatively new facebook feature of categorizing contacts? I wonder if this will eventually be used as a way to decide which facebook contacts to sync.
    I categorize everyone when they are first added...

Quote Originally Posted by rich_halvorson View Post
    My FB contacts are still not updating. I didn't even have a FB account before the pre but got it so I wouldn't have to update peoples contact info myself, but just pull down what they have entered.
    I tried manually synching from Preferences & Acounts at the bottom last night and this morning and also within Facebook under Accounts and no new contacts.
    I have been getting new pictures for the accounts that are already on my Pre, but as I just set this up a month ago I have probably 30 more contacts in FB in the last 3 weeks that are still not synching.
    I guess I just need to delete it and add it again and go through the hastle of the manual associations with what I have from my google account.
    This happens after the 1.1 update and a manual sync???
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    interested in this as well. Only reason i have yet to sync to facebook.
    Originally Posted by rich_halvorson

This happens after the 1.1 update and a manual sync???[/QUOTE]

Yes, and I'm not the only one, there have been a couple other threads that have complained of this. I'm still going to wait and see if new contacts get synced up tonight (24 hours later). But I have tried to manually sync several times and nothing, password is correct too as I have reentered it under Accounts and it accepts it fine. I don't know what could be setup wrong from my side as my FB account is new and I haven't changed any defaults.
    I know if I delete my facebook account and add it back it will work, but that doesn't seem like synergy to me.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    same thing is happening to me. i did a manual sync and it's not picking up any of the missing FB contacts
    I sort my Facebook friends on the website. It would be nice if Palm/Facebook/Google let you sync only with the categories you choose.

I don't mind syncing with all my Facebook contacts as I don't have many & I already had the majority of those contacts in my regular phonebook anyway. I want Google to let us sync with only the "My Contacts" category. I am tired of having random email addresses get added to my phone just because I either sent or received an email to the address.
    Follow Me On

screw it, it has been over 24 hours since updating to 1.1 and FB still wasn't syncing. I deleted and added back and have all contacts now. Hopefully the next update will actually fix this so I don't need to do this everytime I need to add new contacts from FB.
    I did a manual sync which added 10 missing FB friends. Did the sync a 2nd time and got the remaining 47 missing friends. I wonder if new additions will sync automatically and faster than before.
    We can only hope, I have never had new friends sync, but pictures for existing friends sync when updated.
    So when we do FB synergy, it still adds everyone into your damn contacts list?

That's why I still haven't done it. Too bad.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    I think this is one area where palm needs to be flexible in it's cloud computing philosophy.
    selectively syncing facebook contacts via groups need to be implemented asap!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    updated to 1.1 and manual sync does zero, still missing all my new friends from the past several days. nothing works. Deleting and re-adding is retarded as I will spend a ton of time re-linking everyone.
    I added 3 or 4 new friends to FB on Saturday. Didn't think about it until Sunday and checked my Pre, and they were there.

Can't say it's fixed for everyone, but Palm's definitely done SOMETHING.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast