1.    #1  
    I used datebk on my treo and i really miss having the month view with text. I have all my calendar info in various google calendars, so i figured out work around it until palm fixed the month view. What I did was...signed up for a free web server with no ads. Then in google calendars I selected my main calendar and under settings I made a calendar that I could embed at 320X480 px and got rid of the unnecessary buttons and options up top (I also added a couple more calendars that I use). I went back to my web server and made a single web page that was 320X480 and embeded the google code. now when I need a quick overview of my month I just open my little web page and I can see when everything is. Sadly It loads just about as fast as the built in calendar app and it has much more info on it. Adding appointments is a no go but you can still view details. I included a pic of the web page....

some people will complain about privacy and their info being published online (ie their entire schedule posted on a web page) but I guess it does not really bother me much. If someone wants to know my schedule that bad then they will find it out in another way....

Edit: just laughed when I realized that I am saying I don't care about privacy but I took the time to draw a line though all my information (none of which could really ID me in any way).

Edit 2: Just found that 480 width X 640 height looks a lot better (esp in landscape...)
    Last edited by whitesmoke33; 07/24/2009 at 06:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    That looks great, how did you do it? Go into Settings, click Calendar, then Share This Calendar, I am guessing? How do you make it display content from all of your calendars and not just the main one? Especially the public ones like Holidays, since that has no link for sharing? And how do you format it to the desired size?
  3.    #3  
    Go to "settings" --> "Calendar"
    select your main calendar
    under "Embed This Calendar" click on "Customize the color, size, and other options"

on the left hand side are all your options. Here I was able to modify my tabs, calendars displayed, and resolution
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Ok, I had overlooked needing to click on the calendar name after going into settings. Got it working. 320x400 compensates for the title bar etc in portrait mode.

Any idea how to let the Pre know that it should start zoomed in? When I go to this page the calendar is very small in the corner until I zoom.

As for sharing, I have Google Apps for my domain. If I log in to Google Apps and then go to the embedded calendar, I can see everything even with sharing turned off. I assume I'll have to log into Google Apps again when the cookie expires in... 30 days?... or when I delete cookies... but it does get around the privacy concern.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    Any idea how to let the Pre know that it should start zoomed in? When I go to this page the calendar is very small in the corner until I zoom.
    Figured it out by looking at the source of the mobile wikipedia pages... just need to include

<meta name = "viewport" content = "width=device-width" />
    <meta name = "viewport" content = "initial-scale = 1.0" />

in the head section of the page.