Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This whole on again/off again/ on again nonsense between Apple and Palm is beyond childish. If you phone buyers out there just must use iTunes to synch music, why hassle yourself with the Palm/Apple shootout? I don't personal like the iPhone, but that IS the logical choice if iTunes synching is your thing. Just a thought...
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I think it's a personal thing between Palm/Apple.

Who really uses/wants to use iTunes anyway? I don't. And I don't care about functionality. Drag and drop works best for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    This whole on again/off again/ on again nonsense between Apple and Palm is beyond childish. If you phone buyers out there just must use iTunes to synch music, why hassle yourself with the Palm/Apple shootout? I don't personal like the iPhone, but that IS the logical choice if iTunes synching is your thing. Just a thought...
    +1 Itunes is the aol of music.
    I would, except the iphone doesnt have multi-tasking, period.

But now that I found out I can create and organize in itunes and sync with doubletwist its fine, what I really wish is that playlists synced correctly with WMP. But I guess since WMP is not on a mac, palm did not want to go that route...
    I think people that bought the Pre and discovered it syncs with itunes is more of an extra convenience than a feature that was a factor in purchasing the Pre or the Iphone.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zacarias View Post
    +1
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Actually, it's funny as all get out. Lighten the heck up. It's like why people climb mountains...because it's there or because they can.

Sheesh, should I also have to give up my PC and buy a Mac just to use iTunes?

Now this is GOOD press:

Palm To Apple: Bring It! webOS 1.1 Fixes iTunes Sync On Palm Pre

Today Palm made webOS 1.1 available for the Palm Pre. The changelog is outrageous. There's only one new application, but most of the Pre's systems see major updates. Oh, and Palm fixed the Pre's ability to sync with iTunes.

Everything listed below is all well and good, but thhe real news here is that Palm is thumbing its nose in the face of Apple. Apple just issues iTunes 8.2.1, which broke the Pre's ability to sync with iTunes. In response, Palm issues a major update for webOS, restoring iTunes sync to the Pre.

Pre 1 - Apple 1.

Your move, Apple.
    http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...PSKHSCJUNN2JVN
    I don't use Itunes but I LOVE palm for sticking it Apple. It's the coolest
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Lighten up Francis! (c) Sgt Hulka
    What if you want iTunes syncing and being able to get a terminal into your phone without having to so through a season of Prison Break to get there?
  11.    #11  

Who really uses/wants to use iTunes anyway? I don't. And I don't care about functionality. Drag and drop works best for me.

Frankly, I think iTunes is a bloated turd. I have a slew of iPods and use it, but I seldom update the program because I've had issues with some of their updates. ie, if it's not broken, don't "fix" it. That's my credo.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    Actually, it's funny as all get out. Lighten the heck up. It's like why people climb mountains...because it's there or because they can.

Sheesh, should I also have to give up my PC and buy a Mac just to use iTunes?

Now this is GOOD press:

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...PSKHSCJUNN2JVN
    I think I'll go to my grave before I buy an Apple computer. Love their iPods, DON'T love their computer pricing, nor their major screw-ups with the last few models. Just take a peek at the Apple forums to see what I mean about how Apple has been screwing the "faithful" of late.
    It's not that I hate iTunes or iTunes users. I just think there are <i>far</i> more important areas on the phone that could've been updated/improved. Forwarding a text message would've been an easy one, since there's already a homebrew way to do it. And I would think taht copy and paste would also have higher priority. Instead, Palm is engaged in this Sisyphean pissing match with Apple. Seems to me about as productive as watching grass grow... in February.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    3 reason i couldn't bring myself to get an iphone.

1) Would have to switch to ATT, not knocking them but i like Sprint
    2)No physical keyboard, i really want both and i think the Pre will get a on screen keyboard before the iphone gets a physical one.
    3) As far as my phone goes i want to be able to upgrade or swap out the battery when i want/need to.

Second with the Pre only having 8Gb it wouldn't hold as much as i'd like. I'll just keep my ipod touch for taking media around with me. Plus I don't mind taking my Pre and Ipod with me. By the time i get home for the day both are usually under 50% battery so if i was using just one device i'd drain the battery way to fast. So having both works for me. I like my Pre and ipod touch.
    Agreed. People make a big deal out of the spat between Apple and Palm over iTunes, while the update actually fails to live up to expectations. You can pat yourself on the back, Palm. Good job.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega33 View Post
    3 reason i couldn't bring myself to get an iphone.

1) Would have to switch to ATT, not knocking them but i like Sprint
    2)No physical keyboard, i really want both and i think the Pre will get a on screen keyboard before the iphone gets a physical one.
    3) As far as my phone goes i want to be able to upgrade or swap out the battery when i want/need to.

Second with the Pre only having 8Gb it wouldn't hold as much as i'd like. I'll just keep my ipod touch for taking media around with me. Plus I don't mind taking my Pre and Ipod with me. By the time i get home for the day both are usually under 50% battery so if i was using just one device i'd drain the battery way to fast. So having both works for me. I like my Pre and ipod touch.
    Having an iPod Touch and a Pre makes sense to me. With an iPod Touch, though, I can't imagine you'd have much interest in syncing a Pre with iTunes.

I think that's part of what I'm having trouble comprehending: The people who sync with iTunes presumably already have a device to sync iTunes with. Chances are, those who are buying Pres are in the same boat as you: They've got iPods, rather than iPhones.

As much as I like the Pre, I can't imagine someone breaking their iPhone contract to get one. The iPhone doesn't suck, and I would only break my contract (as I did to get my Pre) if the phone I had was clearly inferior. I migrated from a Centro, so there's a clear difference in capability, but I don't think you can make that case as clearly against an iPhone. Yes, there's multitasking, but I don't know if a lot of people would actually <i>switch</i> for that. Multitasking on the Pre is something you really have to experience before you see the benefit of it. I've seen enough forum posts where iPhone users have said things like "What would I be multitasking on a phone?" to be pretty certain of that. (I think some of those comments might have been from trolls, but there were also some who seemed sincere.)
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts

I use itunes for movies because I have to on my ipod touch..

but I *hate* itunes.. it's much faster for me to manage my media library via folders then by using itunes.
    -mark
    Probably because Palm knows that alot of people uses itunes have or doesn't have an ipod or iphone and it would just be easier. And im sure your everyday joe doesn't even know about a doubletwist or any other program.
    No

The customers should be able to seamlessly synq the pre with Most if not all Media software.

So no, just no

Thank you palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    I use itunes for movies because I have to on my ipod touch..

but I *hate* itunes.. it's much faster for me to manage my media library via folders then by using itunes.
    -mark
    Why don't you watch it on the pre? it looks better due to a higher resolution
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast