Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    The release notes have this:

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information for Palm Pre Sprint p100eww

Resolves an issue preventing media sync from working with latest version of iTunes (8.2.1).
    Quote Originally Posted by skaeight View Post
    The release notes have this:

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information for Palm Pre Sprint p100eww

Resolves an issue preventing media sync from working with latest version of iTunes (8.2.1).
    Haha! I guess for Apple, that's the pits
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Anyone offering odds on how quick 8.2.2 comes out? I've got Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieroger View Post
    LOL!!

An so the battle with Apple and Palm continues.
    I love palm
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    This will be the most newsworthy part of the entire update. They also deserve props for immediate and ongoing support of the device.

I am most happy with fixing the formatting issue when replying to a message.

But this is funny to see how they are going at it.

And I doubt apple will fix iTunes that fast. Remember, they are all still hung over from all that champagne from breaking the link the first time. THey have to update all their pres and software so they can figure out how it started working again.

Remember, Apple is not Microsoft. They are not used to having to fix holes and leaks only to have someone discover a new one.

Dave
    Epic battle! Gotta love it.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieroger View Post
    LOL

I'm not betting against you.

Working with itunes isn't to important to me until a new Palm/Pre device with more than 8Gb of space.

but it's entertaining to watch them come right back and make it work again lol
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    This makes me want to get a pre even more - even though I know by the time I get mine, it will probably be broken again.

Palm has some cajones though to try this again. I'm also digging how open this platform is proving to be. I can't wait to see what kind of apps start to come out for this platform.
    That's pretty funny... i wonder if apple will ever just let palm go cause i know that palm won't stop no matter how many times apple tries to stop it
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMace23 View Post
    That's pretty funny... i wonder if apple will ever just let palm go cause i know that palm won't stop no matter how many times apple tries to stop it
    No, Apple's next step will be to sue.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    No, Apple's next step will be to sue.
    That isn't followed by a class action lawsuit over why someone cannot use the songs they purchased via itunes (via an exclusive selling agreement with the artist)?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMace23 View Post
    Well, this *THIS* is some major egg-on-the-face for Apple. Let's not forget that Apple made a big, public announcement celebrating cracking the pre's ability to sync with iTunes. And now Palm has responded with what will surely make headlines in the industry. Apple is losing face here, big time.

I would not be at all surprised if Apple's tactic would now be to ignore this. How much choice will they likely have? If they want to block the Pre, which shows up as an iPod, then, they risk blocking the ability to syn for older iPods.

Now *THAT* would be entertaining
    every time apple "fixes" this, they show them selves to be petty.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I hate apple and it was a big deal on the web when they stopped the Pre from syncing. Now brownie points for Palm! Haha