1.    #1  
    Hello -

So I have synced facebook to my palm pre and now I have some facebook friends that I don't want on my Palm Pre contact list. Is there anyway I can delete those contacts that are on facebook but I don't want them on my palm pre contact list? Thanks.

Chad
    Quote Originally Posted by chlue99 View Post
    Hello -

So I have synced facebook to my palm pre and now I have some facebook friends that I don't want on my Palm Pre contact list. Is there anyway I can delete those contacts that are on facebook but I don't want them on my palm pre contact list? Thanks.

Chad
    At the moment there's no way to cherry-pick who gets synced to your pre, its all or nothing.

I just decided to trim the fat on my facebook account and removed all the friends I never really talked to; made my contact list on my pre much more manageable (not to mention making my news-feed much more interesting).

Also, if you feel your contact list is getting bloated from your facebook friends and google contacts, etc., just try to get in the habit of using the search function to look up numbers. Infinitely easier, IMO.
  3.    #3  
    Ok...So I did a test run and deleted 1 contact to make sure it would be deleted from my phone. It's currently still there. I even hit sync accounts. How long does it take to be removed from my phone? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by chlue99 View Post
    Ok...So I did a test run and deleted 1 contact to make sure it would be deleted from my phone. It's currently still there. I even hit sync accounts. How long does it take to be removed from my phone? Thanks.
    Try removing your Facebook account from the phone and adding it back. Sometimes it hangs up while resyncing and doesnt catch all of the changes.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    You don't have to remove your facebook account, just go into preferences for the contact app, go to the bottom and do sync now.

If that doesn't work, select your facebook profile, type in your password and hit the sign in button.

That should resync your FB contacts.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
    Try removing your Facebook account from the phone and adding it back. Sometimes it hangs up while resyncing and doesnt catch all of the changes.
    This is the only workaround that has ever worked for me. I think it is an issue with Synergy that they hopefully work out with an update. Some friends I add on Facebook get added to my phone properly while some do not. It's a hit or miss type deal.
    My contacts sync wonderfully. New contacts are there very soon. I love how the picture changes when they update their profile picture as well. I think it syncs with existing contacts, and so this may be why you do not see them. Idk?!
    Had to swap out my Pre today. Now my Facebook contacts won't sync at all! I've deleted and reinstalled Facebook several times and it's almost like it's timing out or something. Anyone else had this happen?
    As to your original issue, the 1.1.0 software update should fix deleting from Facebook. You still can't delete a Facebook contact off your phone and have it stay in Facebook, but at the very least new and removed Facebook friends will sync properly now.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer20 View Post
    Had to swap out my Pre today. Now my Facebook contacts won't sync at all! I've deleted and reinstalled Facebook several times and it's almost like it's timing out or something. Anyone else had this happen?
    same here can not synced facebook contacts
    I updated to 1.1 and went to settings clicked sync now and all my new contacts that wouldn't sync before synced. I hope palm continues their timely updates. I know for me I would love to see even more done in each update but obviously everything takes time to code, diagnose and test.
    I just simply removed the FB app altogether. I prefer xfacebook through the web browser anyway. Remove/uninstall the app, then go to contacts app, tap "facebook" in account profiles, then tap the red "remove account" button. Then you can go in and delete the ones you don't want b/c they're no longer linked to an account.

Nate
    I dont have a facebook account or the app so I could be wrong. But if you are on webOS 2.1, I think you can choose what part of the phone you want to use each account with. For example, my email doesnt sync with my contacts as it did with 1.4.5. If you are on 1.4.5 then I dont believe this is possible.

Edit: Just realized this is an OLD thread. lol
    That would be nice. Has anyone done this experiment? (for a single contact, linking contact info from two profiles, then deleting one whole profile to see whether you lose that contact's linked information) I didn't think to do it before I delete my Facebook profile app in a fury. But there's a lot of info in the Facebook data that I'd like to keep, if I could only pick and choose.