Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I did try a search on this and wasn't able to come up with anything.
    The problem is when I assign a certain ringtone or picture to a certain contact, it gets erased later when the synergy happens by syncing between google contacts and the Pre. What am I doing wrong? or am I SOL.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Check which profile is the primary one. There is an default setting, as well as the ability to change per contact.

For example, if Facebook is the primary, then it will supply the picture.

To force the Pre to be the primary one, use "Palm Profile."
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I did check that already. My Google acct is the primary. So I need to change it to the Palm Profile? Won't it erase all the contacts once it syncs, as I've never added anything to the Palm profile?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    If Google is the primary, then only stuff that Google syncs correctly can be relied upon to work. I don't know if Google's photo is part of the Pre sync or not. Ringtone is definitely not part of Google.

"Won't it erase all the contacts..."

No, that's the point of Synergy. Setting primary will simply determine, when different accounts have different data, which account's value will be shown. This applies only to fields that can have one-and-only-one, such as photo.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    OK, thanks. I'll try setting the primary account to Palm.
    I have pictures assigned to contacts and it works fine. I have only 2 accounts though, Palm Profile and Google with Google set as the primary. I don't have separate ring tones, but I assigned the picture on the Pre and it synced fine with Google. I will have to test the ring tone part.