1.    #1  
    i dont know why they made it so weird. i like to dock my phone with usb and have it sync my outlook and phone to be up to date all the time.

i dont keep wifi on so i dont want to use chapura to sync

i just want to su=ync like activesync or palm destop etc.

i use regular outlook for contacts and calendar

any suggestions

i also dont want to setup google accounts etc
    If you want a phone that can USB sync, my suggestion would be to return the Pre and buy a Blackberry or WM phone.
    Palm made this device to be network-centric. Syncing with a USB goes against their development ideas for a wireless device that can sync in real time and merge data from various sources.

I agree with ADGrant. The Pre isn't really for you. Think about the HTC Touch 2 or Diamond.
  4.    #4  
    the pre is for my wife. i am still using windows mobile touch pro.

they should also have an option for syncing with usb cable. its just stupid no matter what you think. ive had pretty much every phone and i am an advanced user of pda phones.

why would they include a 3.5mm jack. it should only be wireless headphones too right?
    There are a number of really great options for syncing and automatically backing up your Pre:

Backup Your Pre!.

This includes links to the recent PreCentral blog on this as well with comparisons of dozens of options.

I sync to my Outlook and to my Office GoldMine calendars and contacts using CompanionLink. I also automatically back up my music, photos, etc. using SyncBackSE.

50 days so far and it continues to work flawlessly.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by MR29ROSE View Post
    they should also have an option for syncing with usb cable. its just stupid no matter what you think. ive had pretty much every phone and i am an advanced user of pda phones.
    They should, but they don't and probably won't.