Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am able to get gmail to work fine. Every time I try to get put the google account in for contacts and calendar, I get an error message that states username or password is incorrect (it is not). Or it says authentication error. Any idea what is wrong? I even tried changes log in passwords...no luck.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Perhaps a dumb question on my part and no offense intended, but just in case.... You have done the mobile set up?
    Last edited by Jmark61; 07/18/2009 at 11:59 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. I did set up mobile in gmail settings. Is that what you are referring to?
  4.    #4  
    any ideas? still getting the "authentication error"
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I just tried to reply to your PM, but my post count is below 15 so I cannot. . But I don't have anything of substance to add beyond what you've done. Have you tried the gmail help pages you can access from the gmail program?
  6.    #6  
    I am still getting "bad authentication" Anyone know of a fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    I am still getting "bad authentication" Anyone know of a fix?
    I suggest for you to remove the account and add it again and see if that works. Hope it helps.
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
  8.    #8  
    I tried that; no luck. Thanks for trying to help!
    What is your Palm webOS version?
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
  10.    #10  
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    I am able to get gmail to work fine. Every time I try to get put the google account in for contacts and calendar, I get an error message that states username or password is incorrect (it is not). Or it says authentication error. Any idea what is wrong? I even tried changes log in passwords...no luck.
    Are you remembering to put the @gmail.com after your username? Simple omission, but that'll do it...
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
  12.    #12  
    Yes I did that. Thanks for trying to help. I contacted level 2 palm support and they said once I add my gmail, it should automatically appear in calendar and contacts for sync. Mine does not. They have escalated the problem to level 3 tech. My experience is that this forum does better than the level 2or 3!!! But at least they are trying. Apparently it is a known problem for some.
    Yes I did that. Thanks for trying to help. I contacted level 2 palm support and they said once I add my gmail, it should automatically appear in calendar and contacts for sync. Mine does not. They have escalated the problem to level 3 tech. My experience is that this forum does better than the level 2or 3!!! But at least they are trying. Apparently it is a known problem for some.
    This can be server side and nothing to do with you phone. Hope you are able to fix that issue. Good luck!
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Just curious, can you log into Google Calendar on the website (http://calendar.google.com)? Does that work ok for you?
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
  15.    #15  
    yes that works on the desktop. "Bad authentication" or "wrong username and password: when I try it on the pre for calendar or contacts.
    Someone else here had the same problem once. I think the solution ended up being deleting the account from the email app, resetting the phone, then add the account in the Calendar app or the contacts app.

For some reason sometimes when you add the account from the email app it treats it as a regular IMAP account and not a google account.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    What about doing a partial reset?
  18.    #18  
    I just tried that....no luck. Still "bad authentication." I tried both contacts and calendar.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Somebody asked about logging into the calendar through the calendar url. Can you click on "calendar" while in gmail and does it open a new window asking you to log in?

On your Pre, in the calendar application, do you have the google calendar (and that it shows your associated email address) as the default rather than the Palm Profile?

I just went onto my Pre and added an additional calendar associated with another gmail account and it worked fine...so I'm stumped with your situation.

Again, I seem to remember going to the google/gmail help links the first time I did it and that they helped.
  20.    #20  
    I do have google calendar on my desktop when I click it within gmail. I do not have google calendar on my pre. When I try to "add" it through pre's prompts, I get the "bad authenitication" error. The same for contacts when I click on "add account" for google contacts. "bad authentication" error. Thanks for trying to help. Any other ideas?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast