1.    #1  
    I've started using Google Voice as my primary phone number (if you don't know what it is, check it out). The problem is, Google only has my email contact list. I needed phone numbers.
    My Pre, obviously, has all my phone numbers, correctly merged with my Gmail contacts, and facebook contacts.
    Is there a way to sync the entirety of my Pre contact list, to my Google Contact list?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    The only way I do it is by syncing them with my exchange server and syncing my windows mobile device to thst server..then insyalling a program called seven and setting that up to take over syncing of my contacts and setting up my gmail account to sync and it syncs from mt device to gmail...very very lengthy process at first but is quite quick when I need to update contacts but isn't automatic and requires a windows mobile pocketpc...maybe they have a program for the pc that is similar?
    nooooooo...i found another way, a FB app: called FONEBOOK will download ur FB contacts to outlook (i would use a stand alone not ur work outlook). this is what i would:

1. i have google voice also & i used the same gmail account with my pre, but no FB contacts, rite!
    2. this app downloads FB contacts to outlook, export contacts to a ".csv file" (i say this because i dont sync my home outlook with google, only work google calender sync).
    3. import file to google...done deal!!

PROBLEM: UR GOOGLE CONTACT HAS THE SAME AS UR FB...THAT MEANS U GONNA SEE DOUBLE FB CONTACTS.

RECOMMENDATION: setup/create a new google accout to sync with ur gvoice & import from ur updated google account.

Fonebook | Facebook

good luck!
    ohio state SUCKS!! & michigan state will never measure up!
    p.s. lakers SUCK too!! GO PISTONS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by clang1234 View Post
    I've started using Google Voice as my primary phone number (if you don't know what it is, check it out). The problem is, Google only has my email contact list. I needed phone numbers.
    My Pre, obviously, has all my phone numbers, correctly merged with my Gmail contacts, and facebook contacts.
    Is there a way to sync the entirety of my Pre contact list, to my Google Contact list?
    Whenever i add a phone number in my PRE it shows up on my Google Contacts list automatically so it is possible.
  5.    #5  
    Sorry for the bump, but any one found anything yet?
    @paz00kie, thanks for the suggestion, but I don't have an exchange server. Seems like I should be able to just get the contacts off my pre, but I can't figure out how.
    @MiWolverine96, thanks but I'm not trying to get contacts from facebook to google, I'm trying to get them from the pre to google. Also, fonebook doesn't allow the transfer of phone numbers, since facebook doesn't let any one (except the pre) have access to that information
    @bballintom22, ya when a new number is added, that works fine, but I'm not adding new numbers to my pre. I'm trying to get the existing numbers ported over to google.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Me too...I just set up Google Voice and would like to get all of my contacts from the Pre up to Google.
    My understanding is that any numbers moved over from a previous phone will not sync back to google. Any new numbers programmed into the Pre for the first time will sync back to google.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    to sync your contacts to google all you need to do is go to your contacts and click the contacts menu in the upper left corner, go to preferences & accounts, scroll to the bottom where it asks what you want the default account to be and make sure it is google, then sync. this is what i did and now all of my contacts show up in google that i have entered in my phone.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by warphead View Post
    to sync your contacts to google all you need to do is go to your contacts and click the contacts menu in the upper left corner, go to preferences & accounts, scroll to the bottom where it asks what you want the default account to be and make sure it is google, then sync. this is what i did and now all of my contacts show up in google that i have entered in my phone.
    That doesn't seem to work for me. It syncs new numbers that I put into my pre with google, but not ones that are already there.
    I dont know if I fully understand the OP's problem.

I have my Google Voice account and it has the EXACT same contacts as my Gmail account contacts.

So, if you imported your contacts directly to the Pre, they will be under the Palm Profile. You'll have to change them manually (one by one) to get them to sync with Google.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I dont know if I fully understand the OP's problem.

I have my Google Voice account and it has the EXACT same contacts as my Gmail account contacts.

So, if you imported your contacts directly to the Pre, they will be under the Palm Profile. You'll have to change them manually (one by one) to get them to sync with Google.
    Let me try to clear it up.

My google voice account does indeed have the same contacts as my gmail account.
    The thing I'm trying to do, is get the phone numbers which are on my pre (and all the phones prior since they were ported over), off the pre, and into google contacts.
    With Synergy I was able to get contacts from google TO my pre, but now I need to go the other way. This is because my google contacts (voice and gmail), don't have any phone numbers, while my pre does.
    Hope that clears up the question.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Its obvious that you have 2 contact accounts on you phone.
    1. Palm profile.
    2. Google contacts.

The pre will not sync the Palm profile contacts to Google. you need to move the contacts from the palm profile to the Google contacts to get them to sync.

HTH.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcassio View Post
    The pre will not sync the Palm profile contacts to Google. you need to move the contacts from the palm profile to the Google contacts to get them to sync.

HTH.
    I am still on a Palm Centro, but I want to start using Google contacts to manage my contacts when I move to the Pre later this month.

What is the best way to move my contacts from the Centro/Palm Desktop to Google contacts so that I can use Google contacts to manage them in the future?

Why Google contacts: I currently export my contacts from Palm Desktop each year and use them to address our Christmas Cards. I believe I can use Google Contacts to do the same in the future, but not the Pre/Palm profile. I would also love to have all my email addresses with my other contact information and finally I am starting to use Google Voice.

Should I :
    1) Now, before I get the Pre, do a CSV export from Palm Desktop, then import it into Google now (don't you loose information doing this?)
    or
    2) Now, before I get the Pre, buy a 3rd party program to export from Palm Desktop to Google contacts
    or
    3) Wait till I get the Pre and then use the "Palm profile" method. (Then I will have to manually change them (one by one) to get them to sync with Google -- yuck)
    or
    - ??? (other options)

Thanks
    I was wondering if one of the devs could write something to export a csv file for us that we could use to import into google??

Or, if you could write something that would continually update contacts to google from the phone using a csv file.

Companion Link sounds fine, but I downloaded and it wouldn't run.

Windows XP Pro - shouldv'e been a snap.

Will try again, but would live with a simple app from the HOMEBREW guys - they are knocking them out like crazy right now - hats off to ya!!!
    personally i had a google and an outlook contacts on three computers. i exported my google contacts to a file into outlook. cleaned them all up. that way it had all my email and phone in one contact list. deleted all the ones i didn't want. And saved the master in outlook as a seperate file, csv i think. Then i started a brand new gmail account for only contacts. no mail. and made it my default and only contact account. works great and has none of the crap emails that are in my main gmail account.
    The problem I have is that I lost all of my Outlook contacts - then THOUGHT (there's the problem) that when I transfered all of my contacts from my Instinct to my Pre that life would be back to normal. Obviously, not so. Now Palm Profile has all of my contacts - merged nicely from my Instinct and from FBook, but I can't get htem into my Outlook to use from my laptop. I thought Google would be a nice bridge, but apparently only with 3rd party software. If I am overlooking something simple, please advise...