Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Anyone else notice the bug where the back button or back gesture kicks you out of the mobile Facebook webpage to the bookmarks page rather than the previous page? This only happens if I launch a new browser card, then click on the facebook bookmark. Once there, even after I click on some links, the back gesture or back button usually goes to the bookmarks page, rather than the previous page. On the other hand, if I go to facebook from any other website using the drop down menu, back gesture and button function normally.

This happens at m.flickr.com too, which is another web app.
    hate this bug!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    For that matter, I hate that there's no way to get to the thumbnail bookmarks page except with a new card (other than hitting back back back back). The drop down bookmarks list is ok, but it's odd to switch between 2 ways of bookmarks presentation.
    I'm not so sure this is a bug. The back gesture is going to take you to be previous web page that was loaded in a given card. When you click around in the given facebook page (x.facebook.com) you are not actually going to a different page, you're still in x.facebook.com. At least this is how it appears to me what's happenning. If you keep doing back gestures in a given card eventually there's nothing to go back to (you'll be at the first thing you've ever loaded in that card). At this point one more back gesture will take you to the bookmarks page.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    It's not really a bug. When you hit a link in those web apps, you aren't refreshing the page or going to a different one, so the browser doesn't know. The back button simply goes the the previous URL. Those web apps only change that part of the page, not the whole thing.
    the bug is there is no way to go back in facebook.. you have to click somewhere on the page or go back to the inet home page. its aggrovating. once you go in a picture album you are ****ed. b/c there is no other place to click but back or a new picture.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    When you click around in the given facebook page (x.facebook.com) you are not actually going to a different page, you're still in x.facebook.com.
    I thought the same at first, that it wasn't a bug as much as an implementation of the facebook webapp in which each click wasn't actually a new page. However, if you load any website, then use the drop-down menu to load facebook, then each subsequent click can be reversed with a back gesture/ back button.

Also, I have noticed that m.flickr.com and x.facebook.com on the iPhone do go back with their back button as expected.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    When you hit a link in those web apps, you aren't refreshing the page or going to a different one, so the browser doesn't know. The back button simply goes the the previous URL. Those web apps only change that part of the page, not the whole thing.
    Try to load a different page in the browser, then go to facebook from the drop down bookmarks menu. If you load the facebook page that way, the back button starts behaving as you'd expect-- goes to your previous step as though it were a previous page.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Try going to m.facebook.com, which will bring you to the true mobile site and will let you see the site in a better fashion. Also when you hit the back button it acts just like a website, taking you back to the previous page.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    Try going to m.facebook.com, which will bring you to the true mobile site and will let you see the site in a better fashion.
    I would use m.facebook.com, except that it loads with such small text, and if you zoom, you have to scroll left and right. Pretty odd, since it's designed for small screens, it should load zoomed and with the text wrapped. Of course, it's nice to see the comments, which x.facebook.com doesn't show.

This is a little off-topic though, as my intention is to point out this odd bug and even odder work-around.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I agree...it feels like a bug to me. If not a bug, then certainly a big PITA. I just loaded x.facebook.com in Firefox, and it behaves as one would expect. The back button takes me to the last thing I viewed (within Facebook) rather than, out to whichever page I had opened last.