1.    #1  
    i have my account setup for my work (groupwise) and i can check my email, but i can't seem to change the setting for when it will check the mail. it will always check at 30min, but i want it to be manual like i have my gmail setup. is that a known bug they are trying to fix (i hope)???

also, anyone know of a free smtp server i can use because unless i am on the network i can't send email, only recieve
    Yes its a bug, now as far as them trying to fix it....i dunno. There is a thread on the palm help forums about this.

There are a number of free smtp servers built into most linux distribution repositories. Sendmail is a popular one but difficult to set up.
  3.    #3  
    I know the phone is running linux, you say it is actually possible to set one up? Are there any free servers I can just use rather a prgram for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
    I know the phone is running linux, you say it is actually possible to set one up? Are there any free servers I can just use rather a prgram for it?
    You mean running a smtp server on the phone? I am sure it is possible. Some one got apache webserver running on the pre. As far as doing this is another story.

You could just get a gmail account and use their server. Sorry I thought you meant running your own server...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    You mean running a smtp server on the phone? I am sure it is possible. Some one got apache webserver running on the pre. As far as doing this is another story.

You could just get a gmail account and use their server. Sorry I thought you meant running your own server...

i know i can do gmail, but that changes the reply to address to my gmail account, which i want to keep seperate from work. i guess i will just use my phone to check my email since i have no way to send from the phone unless i am on the network in which case a computer or laptop is a lot easier to send from .
    you can change the reply to address in the account settings on the pre. I just tested it from my gmail account and it worked.