Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I had EAS setup and working fine since day one. I used my OWA address and was able to sync my exchange emails and calendar perfectly. All of a sudden it quit working in the middle of the day yesterday. When I manually try to sync my EAS mail it just spins for a second then nothing.

I can get to my OWA mail on the PC using the same address, user name and password I always have, so none of that's changed.

When I try to add a new EAS account on the pre and enter my info I get an error that says "Unable to validate account settings"

Other co-workers are able to sync their phones with owa mail so I don't think its an exchange/server issue.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Well, its working again now. Don't know how, but 24 hours after it quit working it started syncing again. I hope this was an issue with exchange and not my phone. Funny thing is that the OWA website access was available the entire time and other users that sync owa to their phones never had interruptions.
    I've had exactly the same issue. The phone hasn't synced in days, no error messages at all. I deleted the account (which took forever), and added it again, but I get that "Unable to validate account settings" every time. I am the IT at my company, and no one's messed with the exchange server. Does anyone have any suggestions??
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eproteus View Post
    I've had exactly the same issue. The phone hasn't synced in days, no error messages at all. I deleted the account (which took forever), and added it again, but I get that "Unable to validate account settings" every time. I am the IT at my company, and no one's messed with the exchange server. Does anyone have any suggestions??
    I'm also IT and confirmed that no one made any changes to the exchange server. I'm at a loss. Has this happened to anyone else? Could it be palm/sprints owa syncing service?
    Ive had it happen to me serveral times now.

Email continues to flow, but calendar and contacts are not syncing.

I did the same thing as eproteus, i deleted the account and set it up again. Very annoying.

I have access to the exchange server here, and didnt see anything in event viewer that could point to an issue. All of the other MotoQ phones we have here are not experiencing this issue.
    I've found a clue: if i connect to the wireless at the office, it syncs fine. It appears to be a firewall issue, but again, nothing has been changed. I've found an event referring to EAS timing out. Windows updates?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I've found a clue: if i connect to the wireless at the office, it syncs fine. It appears to be a firewall issue, but again, nothing has been changed. I've found an event referring to EAS timing out. Windows updates?
    So you think its a firewall issue at your work or with Sprint? We don't have wireless at my place of work so I cant test this out. That being said it doesn't explain why this is an interment issue for me. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.
    The wireless option didn't work for me. I tried both on the wireless at my apartment and the wireless at work.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Mine hasent worked in 5 days now. Ill wait until 1.1 is released to see if that fixes anything. Hopefully the rumors about it coming out tomorrow (7-22) are correct.
    Can anyone else with access to Exchange confirm event 1040 in the application log?

Log Name: Application
    Source: MSExchange ActiveSync
    Date: 7/21/2009 11:21:35 AM
    Event ID: 1040
    Task Category: Requests
    Level: Warning
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: ****.****.local
    Description:
    The average of the most recent [480] heartbeat intervals used by clients is less than or equal to [540].
    Make sure that your firewall configuration is set to work correctly with Exchange ActiveSync and Direct Push technology. Specifically, make sure that your firewall is configured so that requests to Exchange ActiveSync do not expire before they have the opportunity to be processed.

For more information about how to configure firewall settings when you use Exchange ActiveSync, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 905013, "Enterprise Firewall Configuration for Exchange ActiveSync Direct Push Technology" (Microsoft Help and Support).
    Quote Originally Posted by myeyez View Post
    I had EAS setup and working fine since day one. I used my OWA address and was able to sync my exchange emails and calendar perfectly. All of a sudden it quit working in the middle of the day yesterday. When I manually try to sync my EAS mail it just spins for a second then nothing.

I can get to my OWA mail on the PC using the same address, user name and password I always have, so none of that's changed.

When I try to add a new EAS account on the pre and enter my info I get an error that says "Unable to validate account settings"

Other co-workers are able to sync their phones with owa mail so I don't think its an exchange/server issue.

Any ideas?
    Mine did the same thing for the first time yesterday (weird and curious..) soft reset fixed it tho.
    Can anyone else with access to Exchange confirm event 1040 in the application log?

Log Name: Application
    Source: MSExchange ActiveSync
    Date: 7/21/2009 11:21:35 AM
    Event ID: 1040
    Task Category: Requests
    Level: Warning
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: ****.****.local
    Description:
    The average of the most recent [480] heartbeat intervals used by clients is less than or equal to [540].
    Make sure that your firewall configuration is set to work correctly with Exchange ActiveSync and Direct Push technology. Specifically, make sure that your firewall is configured so that requests to Exchange ActiveSync do not expire before they have the opportunity to be processed.

For more information about how to configure firewall settings when you use Exchange ActiveSync, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 905013, "Enterprise Firewall Configuration for Exchange ActiveSync Direct Push Technology" (Microsoft Help and Support).
    I just looked thru my logs for the last 48 hours and there is nothing like this.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Mine did the same thing for the first time yesterday (weird and curious..) soft reset fixed it tho.
    I tried a soft reset and a battery pull but its still not working.
    Mines is working but calendar is not sync. On my three pres the only thing not sync is the calendar. If i create the calendar in outlook it syncs correctly, but if i created the cal on the pre, is not.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure this is a reference to the way AUTD notifications work. Something is probably dying somewhere in the pipeline that is causing your phone to lose its HTTPS connection to the server. I'm afraid I don't remember where to monkey with this in the IIS config on the frontends; it might actually be in the urlscan configuration file.

If that is your problem, I would think changing the check mail setting on the phone would confirm it. Set it to check manually (or on a schedule) instead of when items arrive; then it's not keeping that AUTD https tunnel open, so it should work.

I also hope 1.1 actually gives some ERRORS when it can't sync properly. Mine stopped working and I tried for days to figure out what I'd screwed up on the phone...it turned out someone had been monkeying with the mobile devices setting in Exchange2003 and unselected the 'allow devices which do not fully support security options' checkbox, which locked out my Pre. Grrrr.
    I'm still having problems.

The errors mentioned above I found in the application log for some of the MOTO Q phones we have in the office. All of the phones mentioned in the log are still updating normally. The error message just says that the firewall has cut the session short before the phone did. The Q's apparently have no problem making the connection again later.

I couldn't find an event related to my user name (im the only one with a pre) in event viewer over the past few days.

Still the only way I've been able to fix the problem is to delete and reconfigure the EAS account.

Edit: I still continue to sync email without any issues.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Ive deleted my EAS account and tried to add it back but get the same error. I also tried this on webos 1.1 in the sdk and get the same error, so unfortunately it looks like when 1.1 comes out Ill still be screwed. O well, guess Ill just not have any work emails on the pre and go back to double fisting with a pre and a blackberry.
    I check everything on my 2003 Exchange Server. I noticed that if I logon owa using IE and created an appointment, it syncs. If I delete the event from my pre, it syncs. If I create the appointment on the pre, it does not sync. ALSO if i log on from owa using Firefox, I see the appointment in owa BUT not on pre, umm. It looks like there is something on the creation source of the appointment that is bothering the sync. Still checking...