Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    is their any way to sync my facebook phone book with my pre phone book ?
    Assuming that you already synced your Pre with your Facebook account, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $are$ $2$ $methods$:

1. The names in your Palm Contact List must exactly match the way your friends' names are listed in Facebook and then separate listings from both phonebooks will automatically merge into one. I had a few contact listings that synced over from my Palm Centro data into my Pre that I manually corrected to match Facebook. EX.: Angelina Jolie, Angelina J. and Angie Jolie are not automatically linked.

2. When viewing a contact in the Contact List, if you click on the Contact photo thumbnail on the upper right, any available profiles for that name will appear with the option to "Link More Profiles". You can then connect profiles that are not spelled exactly the same (or 2 different people, I suppose).

Hope this helps.
    I have several contacts from facebook that do not even show up in my contacts. I have tried to sync contacts several times and they still do not show up. Anyone have any ideas?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velocity321 View Post
    Assuming that you already synced your Pre with your Facebook account, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $are$ $2$ $methods$:

1. The names in your Palm Contact List must exactly match the way your friends' names are listed in Facebook and then separate listings from both phonebooks will automatically merge into one. I had a few contact listings that synced over from my Palm Centro data into my Pre that I manually corrected to match Facebook. EX.: Angelina Jolie, Angelina J. and Angie Jolie are not automatically linked.

2. When viewing a contact in the Contact List, if you click on the Contact photo thumbnail on the upper right, any available profiles for that name will appear with the option to "Link More Profiles". You can then connect profiles that are not spelled exactly the same (or 2 different people, I suppose).

Hope this helps.

how do i sync my facebook with my palm in the firstplace? this is very confusing. im sorry
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by budders View Post
    how do i sync my facebook with my palm in the firstplace? this is very confusing. im sorry
    Open the Contacts app on the pre. Open up the preferences & Accounts screen. Then tap add account. Then select facebook as the type of account you're adding. Type in your facebook login and password and you're done. The Pre will start pulling your facebook friends into the contact list. After that you may have to do some of the contact management mentioned in the earlier posts.

Hope that helped.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    i did this yesterday, and nothing happened. i was messing around with the phone then i opened up contacts and BOOM out of no where 425 facebook contacts!! woot!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve43119 View Post
    I have several contacts from facebook that do not even show up in my contacts. I have tried to sync contacts several times and they still do not show up. Anyone have any ideas?
    ya me too :\
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D3M3N View Post
    ya me too :\
    Same here - my initial sync with Facebook brought my contacts in (new Facebook user). I then added some friends and sync my phone with Facebook, but nothing.

All of a sudden today one of my FB contacts shows up - just one though.