1.    #1  
    Since the Pre can appear as an iPod, couldn't a cable mod or 30 pin to mini USB converter allow an iPod compatible car stereo to see the Pre as an iPod?

I've got a car with this and even though Apple blocked iTunes, it would still be nice to be able to plug my phone into the car stereo and control playlists and songs i've got on the phone...
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    There is no correlation between the now-defunt iTunes syncing and the dock connector being fully supported for all accessories. If I had to make a guess, I would say there isn't an easy way to make this work.

USB only has 4 pins (power, data+, data-, ground) so it would be difficult (if not impossible) to duplicate all 30 pins without some hefty converter and some software on the phone to make it work.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Run, don't walk, to your Sprint store. They're selling out of a discontinued product that is an iPod cable to bluetooth converter. I got one today for $10. It's a tiny white rectangle that you plug in to your car's ipod cable and it sends the audio from the Pre to the car over bluetooth. Took about 10 seconds to install and works really well.
  4.    #4  
    Done and Done. That little $10 part did the job. Fantastic. BTW they said i got the last one they had in the store.

Thanks!