Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56
  1.    #1  
    I really dont want to hear about pre users being bummed out about itunes! I never liked itunes i hated using it with an ipod when i had one. I used Media Monkey awesome program does a much better job then itunes ever did also id3 tags your mp3's for you. So do yourself a favor and drop itunes nonsense and use Media Monkey you'll love it.

    MediaMonkey Information Free

    besides it really doesnt get easier then drag and drop in usb mode. thats my preferred method. I only mention media monkey for those of you who want a music sync app.

    as for mac users... you are out of luck with the media monkey method. Apple is horrible by making everything so proprietary.

    You may also find other sync options here both for mac and windows
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jack87; 07/21/2009 at 10:50 PM.
  2. zachz's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #2  
    i've used sharepod in the past when using multiple ipods but i dont know if it works with the pre... thanks for the heads up though
  3. diomark's Avatar
    Posts
    752 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I really dont want to hear about pre users being bummed out about itunes! I never liked itunes i hated using it with an ipod when i had one. I used Media Monkey awesome program does a much better job then itunes ever did also id3 tags your mp3's for you. So do yourself a favor and drop itunes nonsense and use Media Monkey you'll love it.

    MediaMonkey Information Free

    besides it really doesnt get easier then drag and drop in usb mode. thats my preferred method. I only mention media monkey for those of you who want a music sync app.

    as for mac users... you are out of luck with the media monkey method. Apple is horrible by making everything so proprietary.
    Itunes is so over-rated. The only thing I use it for is renting movies on my ipod touch 2g..

    -mark
  4. #4  
    Why would anyone want an EXTRA proxy between their music and their player?

    Drag 'n' drop, fellas... THIS is what many iPod owners have wanted for themselves...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Why would anyone want an EXTRA proxy between their music and their player?

    Drag 'n' drop, fellas... THIS is what many iPod owners have wanted for themselves...

    Like i said drag and drop is the very best way. but for some people they want sync app Media Monkey does an amazing job at Sync organizing and tagging all your media. Also a nice player
  6. #6  
    Songbird with the FolderSync extension FTW!
  7. #7  
    So you got duped into using itunes and now your music is an unrecognizable (to humans that is) mess on your Pre.... how do you un i-tunes your music to drag and drop or doubletwist or mediamonkey or whatever
  8. #8  
    I just noticed that iTunes 8.2.1 was released with a note saying "addresses an issue with verification of Apple devices." IMO, direct file copying seems faster than copying via iTunes, so good riddance!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Why would anyone want an EXTRA proxy between their music and their player?

    Drag 'n' drop, fellas... THIS is what many iPod owners have wanted for themselves...
    Because generally this is how non-geek normal humans prefer to get media onto their devices.
  10. #10  
    I like how iTunes will add my new music automatically when I connect. With drag and drop I'd have to keep track of what's new and add it myself. I choose to not upgrade iTunes.
  11. Clack's Avatar
    Posts
    251 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    #11  
    I don't care much for the iPhone nor iTunes ; the problem is Palm released the product with about a viable alternative.

    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I really dont want to hear about pre users being bummed out about itunes! I never liked itunes i hated using it with an ipod when i had one. I used Media Monkey awesome program does a much better job then itunes ever did also id3 tags your mp3's for you. So do yourself a favor and drop itunes nonsense and use Media Monkey you'll love it.

    MediaMonkey Information Free

    besides it really doesnt get easier then drag and drop in usb mode. thats my preferred method. I only mention media monkey for those of you who want a music sync app.

    as for mac users... you are out of luck with the media monkey method. Apple is horrible by making everything so proprietary.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
  12. #12  
    Just gave Songbird a try and podcast support is broken. Also was receiving errors intermittently when streaming Last.fm.

    Seems like a solid beta app.

    I've been using iTunes, but only syncing manually since it wiped out my iPod once and I don't trust it. So it's not much of a change for me to just drag and drop. I suppose it would matter if I wanted so sync using smart list, but I hardly ever use iTunes for playback anymore.

    Seems more of a Mac/iPhone ball and chain.
  13. #13  
    I'd love nothing more than to get rid of iTunes. What a piece of crap! Problem is: not too many alternatives for sync'ing the Touch.

    As for the Pre and MediaMonkey, though, are you able to sync videos and pics to the Pre?
  14. #14  
    Well drag and drop won't work for me since I would have to sift through 17,000+ songs and over 1,000+ videos. Just not going to update.
  15. RickNY's Avatar
    Posts
    254 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    #15  
    Another vote for Media Monkey... I always hated iTunes, and looked for an alternative when I got my first iPod.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Well drag and drop won't work for me since I would have to sift through 17,000+ songs and over 1,000+ videos. Just not going to update.
    Explain why it won't work. Does iTunes make your entire collection fit on 7GB?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Explain why it won't work. Does iTunes make your entire collection fit on 7GB?
    lol
  18. #18  
    The reason I ask is because I have nearly 50,000 songs, and like 3,500 videos, mostly hd movies, and drag and drop works great...
  19. #19  
    If you drag and drop, how do you handle play lists? Or do you not use play lists?
  20. #20  
    Playlists with 7GB max of music? I suppose you could use playlists, assuming the Pre could even use them, but I would just have directories.

    When the Pre worked with iTunes, did it create playlist files somewhere in the Music App? If so, you can easily do that still. I don't know what format though.

    I have an iPod and I use WinAmp to manage it... I still HATE the way they force my music to be named random characters... just leave the filename the same!

    In my car, I just have my 500GB HDD nearly maxed-out with music, and if I want to hear a certain type of music, I search for it, and add it to the current playlist, or make a brand-new one.

    I can't imagine anyone actually enjoying the use of iTunes--more of a "not knowing any better," situation, is more likely.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions