Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Now that iTunes is shut down for the Palm Pre, what other alternatives are there to sync music to the Palm Pre including album art, etc.???
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    Album art is a good question - people keep mentioning doubletwist, but I can't tell that it will sync album art.
    Yeah I really don't feel like downloading another program if I drag music files from itunes via usb will that bring album art?
    If your album art is embedded in the MP3's you'll see it regardless of the program you use.

A great program for ripping and embedding art is Easy CDDA Extractor - http://www.poikosoft.com/ .
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    If your album art is embedded in the MP3's you'll see it regardless of the program you use.
    So I understand correctly:
    - iTunes does not embed art in the MP3's, right? It keeps the art in separate directory?
    - Do any of the other programs being discussed do that? Doubletwist, for example?
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    how about do not update itunes and it will still work... not rocket science folks
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    If only WMP would recognize the Palm Pre then we would be set. But I am sure that they don't want to work with Microsoft because the Pre can't play any WMA files. Now that the iTunes won't work with the Pre, it might open it up for Microsoft to capitialize.
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    I hear MediaMonkey is really good and embeds album art into the music file. but does it do the nice sync of playlists for pre? (i have top 40 played, top 60 recently heard, and top 100 added....itunes synced them really nicely every time the play count changed. but sadly only worked one way on desktop. i listen more on pre so would love a play count meter on pre.)
    I dont enjoy itunes after all.

The music synced to Pre from iTunes is not organized in any logic manner on the device, there is no way of finding any thing on a file manager, I suspect the music files are even sliced, Its just hideous.

I use Media Monkey to embed album arts directly, and drag them to the Pre in USB mode. Good enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by chad783 View Post
    If only WMP would recognize the Palm Pre then we would be set. But I am sure that they don't want to work with Microsoft because the Pre can't play any WMA files. Now that the iTunes won't work with the Pre, it might open it up for Microsoft to capitialize.
    Um I use WMP for all my palm pre syncing (in usb mode), never had any issues. It recognizes it correctly as a palm pre.

Then again I"m on Windows 7, but I've been using WMP since I got my pre.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    I hear MediaMonkey is really good and embeds album art into the music file. but does it do the nice sync of playlists for pre? (i have top 40 played, top 60 recently heard, and top 100 added....itunes synced them really nicely every time the play count changed. but sadly only worked one way on desktop. i listen more on pre so would love a play count meter on pre.)
    Media Monkey can do that, I believe.

MediaMonkey's music management is FAR superior to iTunes in almost every imaginable way, IMO.

You can set it up to auto-sync a set of playlists or podcasts, or you can set it up to sync specific songs/playlists.
    I'm on Vista and use WMP and USB mode to sync my music to my Pre. It works just fine. What are you talking about?
    MediaMonkey.
    www mediamonkey com

...and you'll probably want MonkeyFlow if you are a CoverFlow fan:
    www mediamonkey com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31402
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    yeah if you havent already embed album art in your mp3's.... makes everything work much better.
    Wow... Apple really screwed mac users who palm pres...
    the pre media player recognizes mediamonkey playlists? i must be doing something wrong.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    MediaMonkey is an amazing app
    WMP 10 works with the Pre on XP, but I just manually copied over while in USB mode. Itunes is total garbage, running like 3 processes all the time on your computer and having a crappy interface and terrible song sorting.
    I have used Amarok and that is a really nice media player and displays art too. All my songs are ripped in FLAC format and cover art stored as a separate file. I've never used Amarok to sync to a mobile device so no idea how good it is.
    I tried today for the heck of it to use Windows Media Player aka WMP and for some reason can't get it to be recognized as a portable player.

I did try to attach the Pre both as a 'Media Device' and as a USB Device'.

Windows would not see it.

Does anyone know how to get it to be seen by WMP (Windows Media Player)?

I'm using Vista on a 32bit machine and WMP11.

I do have a Vista 64bit machine that I have not tried yet.

Thanks

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast