Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Has anyone found a way to cut and paste from an email. I cannot find a way to highlight any part of the text.

In a similar vein, I also cannot edit an email before forwarding it. I can edit the part that the email program adds (i.e. who sent it to me, and the "send from my palm pre), but I cannot edit the main body of the email.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate them.

Thanks,

Palmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer3 View Post
    Has anyone found a way to cut and paste from an email. I cannot find a way to highlight any part of the text.
    As of right now you cannot cut and paste from an email you are viewing. I believe a temporary workaround is to click the reply button and it will bring up a new card. From there you should be able to copy the information you are looking for. I then tap the top left corner and hit cancel so it doesn't save a draft in my email.

Unfortunately there are still some bugs when replying to email so sometimes formatting is lost. This thread speaks about some of the issues with replying and forwarding.
    The email situation really needs to get fixed in 1.1 I am currently carrying 2 phones because of the lack of formatting in replies and other required things like you've mentioned here, not to mention the no attendees in meeting requests.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer3 View Post
    . . . In a similar vein, I also cannot edit an email before forwarding it. I can edit the part that the email program adds (i.e. who sent it to me, and the "send from my palm pre), but I cannot edit the main body of the email. . .
    This appears to be a "feature". I don't like it, either. A work-around is to "reply" instead of "forward" and then change the "to" field to the person you actually want to send it to.