Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. dtg755's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
       #1  
    Is there any way to force the mobile facebook page to resizeto fit the screen better? Sometimes it will do this and other times it loads much smaller and wider which makes it difficult to read. I thought I read a post like this but I couldn't find it anywhere.
  2. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #2  
    I find that x.facebook.com (note, it's "x" and not "m") fits fairly closely. Sometimes, it's slightly off, but never "much smaller and wider."

    If you use m.facebook.com with the Pre, then be prepared for it to require manual resizing. At that point, you might as well just use the full version (Welcome to Facebook | Facebook).
  3. #3  
    X is the default FB bookmark in the web browser.
  4. #4  
    I dont use x.facebook I like the m.facebook better it got more stuff I can do. I just log onto the x.facebook then close the card and open the mobile verison. x.facebook feels half done to me.
  5. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I dont use x.facebook I like the m.facebook better it got more stuff I can do. I just log onto the x.facebook then close the card and open the mobile verison. x.facebook feels half done to me.
    It is half-done, but for some, it's better to have something that displays nicely.

    I notice you say you login the x.facebook first. Why? If you prefer m.facebook.com or even Welcome to Facebook | Facebook, why not just start there?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtg755 View Post
    Is there any way to force the mobile facebook page to resizeto fit the screen better? Sometimes it will do this and other times it loads much smaller and wider which makes it difficult to read. I thought I read a post like this but I couldn't find it anywhere.
    Yes, there is a little trick to do this:
    1. Open a new browser card.
    2. Go to the mobile precentral forums page (m.forums.precentral.net) when it loads, turn your phone sideways so it goes into landscape mode. Then turn your phone back to vertical mode.
    3. Swipe down on the screen so the address bar pops up on the screen.
    4. Type in m.facebook.com and hit enter.
    5. It will load up the way it should be now.

    You need to do this each time you wanna go to facebook mobile and have it formatted right. This also works for other mobile sites that don't format right.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yes, there is a little trick to do this:
    1. Open a new browser card.
    2. Go to the mobile precentral forums page (m.forums.precentral.net) when it loads, turn your phone sideways so it goes into landscape mode. Then turn your phone back to vertical mode.
    3. Swipe down on the screen so the address bar pops up on the screen.
    4. Type in m.facebook.com and hit enter.
    5. It will load up the way it should be now.

    You need to do this each time you wanna go to facebook mobile and have it formatted right. This also works for other mobile sites that don't format right.
    Thanks for the info!
  8. dtg755's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
       #8  
    Sweet thanks for the tip! I never would have thought to try that.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtg755 View Post
    Sweet thanks for the tip! I never would have thought to try that.
    Yea, not sure why it works but it does. I like the m.facebook.com much better than the x.facebook and the full site...
  10. #10  
    I just sent Facebook a bug report about this. Hopefully they fix it.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by austicke View Post
    I just sent Facebook a bug report about this. Hopefully they fix it.
    Good idea. This site already loads normally on my Treo and has proven to be very efficient. Would love for it to fit the screen right off the bat on my Pre.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  12. Ebbs's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #12  
    I agree!

Posting Permissions