Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    So I just got my Pre yesterday, after having lurked here for quite some time. I transferred all my outlook contacts to Gmail via CSV file (because Pocketmirror's desktop component WILL NOT work with my computer for some reason, gives me a missing method exception and won't run).

However, when I added the Gmail contact account to my phone, not all of my contacts appear to be there when I scroll though. Then I'll get a text message from one of my friends who's name doesn't appear in my contacts, and it will show up as someone else. I then go to contacts to the person who's name it shows up under, and see that they have 20 phone numbers associated with them, corresponding to many of the contacts who don't appear by name on the list. What gives? Am I doing something wrong here?

Also, good to finally stop lurking
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I think I finally found a way to fix this, and I know there have been others who've had the same problem without luck, so I'll post here.

I believe the problem is something with the way that Google imports the CSV file created by Outlook, seeing as how the Google contacts that I had that were not also in my Outlook address book seem to appear fine on the Pre.

The solution I used was to use the program "Companion Link" (free 14-day trial) to merge my Outlook contacts into my Gmail contacts. When I merged the contacts this way, the Pre read everything just fine. It's not the ideal solution, but it works when nothing else has.

Of course it would also be great if PocketMirror actually worked or something...

Hope this helps someone
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I had the exact same issues, though I didn't use Outlook CSV file to get the info to gmail. I was coming from a Blackberry, and used their software to sync with Outlook. I then used the Palm software to import directly to my Pre. When I designated my gmail e-mail and contacts list, it merged everything in both places. All good, until I went to my gmail to condense my list, now I have people missing, showing up as other people, having 90 numbers listed for them...Ugh!

Do you think your fix would work for me, or am I dealing with a beast of another breed?

Thanks!