Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post

Palm says that changes made on Facebook do NOT get applied to the phone. Their solution is to remove Facebook account and re-add it. Not a solution, because it requires re-linking contacts. And seriously, step 4 -- repeat this procedure whenever its necessary to update? Are they kidding?
    I have 800+ people on Facebook so that is ridiculous that Palm would advise that. What happened to the "NOW Network", and seamlessly connecting you with everything?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I have found the answer:

https://www.google.com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha?

Worked right away after doing that.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactusone View Post
    Google contacts and Calendar issue

Similar issue maybe... I deleted the accounts and now when I try to add google into contacts I get an error stating "The user name and password is incorrect." ...I have even reset my google password.

When I try to to add google to calendar i get an error stating"Bad authentication."

This started today..any ideas?????

Edit: gmail works fine...
    I had this problem. I was using my gmail e-mail address in the dialog box. Once I removed the @gmail.com from that box it synced finally. I think they should ignore the @gmail.com part since many people will include that in that dialog box. Give it a try.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I have a Contacts issue that's maddening, but it's not a sync issue per se. Mine is simply this: About half of the time that I go to contacts to update a contact (like add a new phone number), the change just disappears. I go to the existing contact, press "Edit", add the phone number, press "Done", and then for about 2 seconds, I'll see the new phone number, and then it just disappears and the contact info goes back to the original info. The only way to get it in is to go to gmail contacts and add it there. Then it syncs just fine - quickly actually - to my Pre. Sometimes, it will accept a change in one contact but not in another.

So it's not a sync issue to gmail or facebook.

Does anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by j_partini View Post
    I have a Contacts issue that's maddening, but it's not a sync issue per se. Mine is simply this: About half of the time that I go to contacts to update a contact (like add a new phone number), the change just disappears. I go to the existing contact, press "Edit", add the phone number, press "Done", and then for about 2 seconds, I'll see the new phone number, and then it just disappears and the contact info goes back to the original info. The only way to get it in is to go to gmail contacts and add it there. Then it syncs just fine - quickly actually - to my Pre. Sometimes, it will accept a change in one contact but not in another.

So it's not a sync issue to gmail or facebook.

Does anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions?
    I have this same issue. I never noticed it before. I wonder if it is new.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    bringing this back from the dead...

Getting back to the thread's original topic of facebook contacts not syncing... I've been having this issue since I first got the phone (beginning of July). The OTA updates have helped - now when I add or remove friends on facebook.com, it syncs the changes to the phone, when people change their profile pics, it syncs the changes to the phone. However, I still have a handful of friends whose pictures don't sync, and I dont know why. I tried unfriending and refriending one of them (as a test), but it didnt do anything. They dont have me on any kind of restrictions (like one previous poster said). The manual "sync now" doesnt work either. So I'm kind of at a loss as to why their pictures aren't syncing...
    Quote Originally Posted by rgisraelsen View Post
    bringing this back from the dead...

Getting back to the thread's original topic of facebook contacts not syncing... I've been having this issue since I first got the phone (beginning of July). The OTA updates have helped - now when I add or remove friends on facebook.com, it syncs the changes to the phone, when people change their profile pics, it syncs the changes to the phone. However, I still have a handful of friends whose pictures don't sync, and I dont know why. I tried unfriending and refriending one of them (as a test), but it didnt do anything. They dont have me on any kind of restrictions (like one previous poster said). The manual "sync now" doesnt work either. So I'm kind of at a loss as to why their pictures aren't syncing...
    Could this be a privacy setting on their account? I read recently there is a 3rd party app privacy settings for allowing or not allowing certain aspects to not be accessible by 3rd parties. The device would constitute as a 3rd party. Look into it and let me know if those persons set some privacy thing that differs from the others related to pictures.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12