1.    #1  
    A coworker of mine mentioned to me today that when his wife exchanged her pre, when she linked her new pre to her profile it automatically re-setup her work exchange account without prompting for a password.

For some people this may not be an issue, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what type of security Palm is using for this? Is the data channel encrypted using SSL? Is the data stored on Palm's side in a secure/encrypted manner?

I've done some googling but can't seem to find any information for this. Any insight any of you may have would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jematlock View Post
    A coworker of mine mentioned to me today that when his wife exchanged her pre, when she linked her new pre to her profile it automatically re-setup her work exchange account without prompting for a password.

For some people this may not be an issue, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what type of security Palm is using for this? Is the data channel encrypted using SSL? Is the data stored on Palm's side in a secure/encrypted manner?

I've done some googling but can't seem to find any information for this. Any insight any of you may have would be greatly appreciated.
    This is why I turned off Palm Profile backups on my Pre. Im sure its sent in SSL, but I have not sniffed the packets. I do wonder if the passwords are stored in plaintext though..
  3.    #3  
    Surely instead of having to turn off backups completely you should be able to select which services to backup? This seems like a huge miss. I deal with sensitive information at work and sometimes someone forgets best practices and forwards information via email. I've removed my work email from my phone and reset my work password.