1.    #1  
    Has anyone had any issues with e-mails disappearing? I use Google Apps for my e-mail, which is basically Gmail with my own domain. When I configure my Pre to get my Google Apps e-mail it connects and shows that I have let say 2 e-mails.... if I hit refresh those two disappear. It's like it's deleting them off the server. There is no setting on the pre that says "Leave on Server".

This is driving me nuts... any advice out there?
    Are you using IMAP? I have two Google App domains and everything works fine, no disappearing messages.
  3.    #3  
    I am using POP.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkbyte12 View Post
    I am using POP.
    Is your computer using POP as well? If you don't set your computer to Leave Messages on Server, then it is possible they will go away as they are deleted from your POP server (downloaded to your computer).
  5.    #5  
    I use Outlook and as long as Outlook is closed the e-mail should remain on the server. I had a HTC Mogul before my Pre and it worked as it should. THe mogul would see the e-mail, I could read it and it would remain on the phone until I opend Outlook.

With the Pre, I don't have to even open Outlook... the Pre gets the mail, then refreshes and it's gone. THe kicker is that if I do open Outlook it does not even get downloaded to Outlook. It looks like it just deletes it off the server without me even reading it.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkbyte12 View Post
    I use Outlook and as long as Outlook is closed the e-mail should remain on the server. I had a HTC Mogul before my Pre and it worked as it should. THe mogul would see the e-mail, I could read it and it would remain on the phone until I opend Outlook.

With the Pre, I don't have to even open Outlook... the Pre gets the mail, then refreshes and it's gone. THe kicker is that if I do open Outlook it does not even get downloaded to Outlook. It looks like it just deletes it off the server without me even reading it.
    Then the opposite of what i was thinking is happening. I would try to use IMAP instead of POP. I am not positive, but I thought that if you were using Google Services, you could log on to GMail with that account. If you can, I would use gmail, and if you can't use IMAP.