1.    #1  
    I searched and could not find the answer that I am looking for, so Im sorry if there is a thread I did not find.

I synced my Google calendar and Facebook to my Pre. What I would LIKE to have happened is that all the events that synced I would have the ability to set a notification for or alter them for that matter. I am able to do this on events that I have created recently in google, but not any shared calendars like Redsox games, etc on Google. I also cant create notifications/alerts for my FB events. On my Blackberry I could change the notifications on these or better yet I could set a default. Then when someones birthday hits (which did not even sync on my PRE from FB) I would get an alert/reminder. Am I doing something wrong?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I think the rule that I'm finding is that you gotta remember that "Google" means "Google", and "Facebook" means "Facebook", and nay the two shall meet except in the Pre, ala Synergy. For each type, there are limitations on what you can do, and that's based on where the data came from. I'm still struggling with all this too, and haven't found that magic combination yet.

And, I'm pretty sure that birthdays do get synced from Facebook. Maybe not all your FB contacts have their birthday published?
    For FB, you have to go into your account settings>notifications>and turn on birthday notifications. You will get an email reminder of the birthday...hope that helps!
  4.    #4  
    Not one of my facebook Birthdays synced. I just double checked and confirmed it. I also went back to birthdays I know I got notifications from on my BB just a month or so ago and they are not there either. I wonder what would happen if I removed my facebook piece (dont even know how) and then synced it again? Would it duplicate entries and contacts? I really wish this would work because there is alot of events that I go to because of my facebook calendar. I would like to atleast be notified! Any ideas on this? Anyone? Bueller?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bwillingham View Post
    For FB, you have to go into your account settings>notifications>and turn on birthday notifications. You will get an email reminder of the birthday...hope that helps!
    Yes, but I would like a calendar notification, which is what i could get on my old Blackberry. Wouldn't that seem more appropriate due to the whole hoopla around Synergy?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    I wonder what would happen if I removed my facebook piece (dont even know how) and then synced it again? Would it duplicate entries and contacts? I really wish this would work because there is alot of events that I go to because of my facebook calendar. I would like to atleast be notified! Any ideas on this? Anyone? Bueller?

To re-sync, you can go to your Contacts>Preferences & Accounts and remove then re-add FB. I have all of the birthdays in mine...As far as the synergy goes, for now it is a contact sync, I believe they are working on a more synergistic move (a-la your BB), I don't use the FB Calendar, so it is possible there are other people more knowledgable for FB...I agree it would be more of a feature if it was added.
  7.    #7  
    The birthdays are only on the contact level, not actually in your calendar. Therefore you don't get an event on your calendar nor a notification.