Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. dsfarag's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
       #1  
    Does the Pre receive email as fast as my blackberry? I am on verizon and I get my email immediately. Will the Pre be as fast, or do I have to set it to check every so often, or do I have to check myself.
  2. Lito305's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsfarag View Post
    Does the Pre receive email as fast as my blackberry? I am on verizon and I get my email immediately. Will the Pre be as fast, or do I have to set it to check every so often, or do I have to check myself.
    the carrier has nothing to do with how fast you receive an email when it comes to blackberry!!!

    RIM has their own servers to manage their push emails!! the carrier has nothing to do with that!

    And yes I have a Gmail account and a Mobile me account set up on my pre and they both push to my pre...

    as long as your email has IMAP it will push as long as you have the settings on your pre to "as they arrive" ....
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsfarag View Post
    Does the Pre receive email as fast as my blackberry? I am on verizon and I get my email immediately. Will the Pre be as fast, or do I have to set it to check every so often, or do I have to check myself.
    IMAP or Exchange Active Sync accounts will push if you want them to, meaning you will get your e-mail immediately.
  4. jcandel's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #4  
    What Lito said. Unforunately I went from a Blackberry Curve that was on my companies BES to a Pre so I don't get work emails as fast. I used to get emails on my Blackberry before they hit Outlook on my desktop.

    I also noticed that setting my Pre to sync emails "as they arrive" tends to miss a lot of emails even when I'm in good signal areas. I set it to receive every 5 minutes and that works better.
  5. Lito305's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Candles View Post
    What Lito said. Unforunately I went from a Blackberry Curve that was on my companies BES to a Pre so I don't get work emails as fast. I used to get emails on my Blackberry before they hit Outlook on my desktop.

    I also noticed that setting my Pre to sync emails "as they arrive" tends to miss a lot of emails even when I'm in good signal areas. I set it to receive every 5 minutes and that works better.
    Did you try adjusting the IMAP settings on your email account(enabling it)??
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Candles View Post
    What Lito said. Unforunately I went from a Blackberry Curve that was on my companies BES to a Pre so I don't get work emails as fast. I used to get emails on my Blackberry before they hit Outlook on my desktop.

    I also noticed that setting my Pre to sync emails "as they arrive" tends to miss a lot of emails even when I'm in good signal areas. I set it to receive every 5 minutes and that works better.
    I have my Pre sitting by my computer every day (right under the monitor with Outlook left open on it), and my Pre ALWAYS receives any email before my desktop does, just like my BB always did.
  7. DKatman's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #7  
    If your Outlook is set to cached exchange mode, I would bet the Pre will still beat it 90%of the time, depending on signal strangth or wifi.

    I think my blackberry might have been a hair faster, but not so much to worry about. it is definitely within 20-30 seconds.

    The Pre does not yet sync notes (not asked, but a bummer still).

    The blackberry relies on both exchange and BES to be live. The pre only needs exchange. I have had my browser service stop working on the BES and I had to stop and start it before the internet would work again. The Pre's browser is great.

    I Loved my Blackberry. I do not want to go back though.

    Dave
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito305 View Post
    the carrier has nothing to do with how fast you receive an email when it comes to blackberry!!!

    RIM has their own servers to manage their push emails!! the carrier has nothing to do with that!

    And yes I have a Gmail account and a Mobile me account set up on my pre and they both push to my pre...

    as long as your email has IMAP it will push as long as you have the settings on your pre to "as they arrive" ....
    Actually Blackberry still requires microsofts exchange or another mail server installed to work so technically the push should be exactly the same.
  9. neelesh's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #9  
    if I have basically 3-5 bars for signal all day, what is the best email setting to have, "as it arrives" or "manual" for the best battery life? I currently have manual.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by neelesh View Post
    if I have basically 3-5 bars for signal all day, what is the best email setting to have, "as it arrives" or "manual" for the best battery life? I currently have manual.
    I currently have 3 exchange accounts syncing all day long and my phone and at 9pm after it being in use all day is still around 25%. So I would say as it arrives is fine.
  11. #11  
    i get mine within 10 seconds tops

Posting Permissions