Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DKatman View Post
    Actually the name of the A record you make is WWW
    If you want your website being hosted at that IP address ... We use mail, or remote for our servers. remote . mydomain . com, or mail . mydomain . com
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    And the forward or parked gives the impression it is not actually a site.

I would call it mail for the A record.

Then the website would be mail.yourdomain.com(or net or org).
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Yep, he would already have one automatically created, just like the'@'
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DKatman View Post
    And the forward or parked gives the impression it is not actually a site.

I would call it mail for the A record.

Then the website would be mail.yourdomain.com(or net or org).
    I am not quite sure what the forward or parked does ... we use 1and1 primarily internally and godaddy as our reseller account.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenS_aTm View Post
    I am not quite sure what the forward or parked does ... we use 1and1 primarily internally and godaddy as our reseller account.
    The forward should be if you have several domain names that you want to all go to the same place. just forward Google to Google.

Park should be a little better than a blank page saying nothing is here. It is saved for when you decide to put a site up (I believe).
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    How did it go for you?
  7.    #27  
    In the A record there is a @ pointing to an ip. I made a new one called exchange , mydomain,com and pointed it to my exchange ip. Its not working. should I delete the @?
    Quote Originally Posted by kessomatthew View Post
    In the A record there is a @ pointing to an ip. I made a new one called exchange , mydomain,com and pointed it to my exchange ip. Its not working. should I delete the @?
    You realize it could take up to 24 hours (but in reality, usually between 1 and 4) for the DNS change to propagate out? Give it some time. After a couple hours, go to your computer, and try to ping the echange,mydomain,com that you added.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and posit that the reason it isn't working has nothing to do with IP address vs. domain name. I'm guessing they (meaning his IT department) haven't turned on mobile device support/exchange active sync. Or if they have, they're requiring PIN/remote wipe.

Assuming I'm wrong about that, you still need to be sure the IP address you've been given points to the Outlook Web Access server, which isn't necessarily the same IP as the mail server. Try pointing your regular PC browser to: https://[your given IP address]/oma and see if you get a login prompt.

-Andrew
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acaplinger View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and posit that the reason it isn't working has nothing to do with IP address vs. domain name. I'm guessing they (meaning his IT department) haven't turned on mobile device support/exchange active sync. Or if they have, they're requiring PIN/remote wipe.

Assuming I'm wrong about that, you still need to be sure the IP address you've been given points to the Outlook Web Access server, which isn't necessarily the same IP as the mail server. Try pointing your regular PC browser to: https://[your given IP address]/oma and see if you get a login prompt.

-Andrew
    It also depends on what version of Exchange. Exchange 2007 by DEFAULT requires a PIN. Exchange 2003 must have Service Pack 2 installed. As acaplinger said, make sure you can even access it via the web browser. If Exchange 2007, https://IP/owa. Exchange 2003, https://IP/exchange
  11.    #31  
    Ok so I just needed to wait for it to take the change. Works like a charm now. Hopefully Palm will throw us a bone so we dont have to dance around to get our devices to sync. I was starting to miss winmo for a second.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Very cool that you have it working now though!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12