1.    #1  
    I click on Calendars, DAY view, see nothing. Then I click on WEEK view, nothing, but on MONTH view, everything is there, well, at least I can see that I have meeting throughout the day, but I don't know the details since I can't see them in DAY or WEEK view!!! What's up?!?!

Bottom Line:

Daily View is NOT showing anything.
    Last edited by mrpeepers; 07/07/2009 at 02:45 PM.
  2.    #2  
    i can see events for the day in monthly view.
    i get meeting reminders throughout the day.
    when i view daily view, there is NOTHING there.

what the heck?????? come on, others have to be having this same issue????
  3.    #3  
    my wife's pre is the SAME way. she can see monthly view, nothing during the day, gets event reminders, but can't see anything during the day.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Mine looks fine - sorry

I can see events in all views.
  5.    #5  
    just called 2 of my friends that have pre's.... SAME issue. what the heck? you sure you can see events using Google? are you connected to Google via exchange, pop, or imap?
    I had this happen after I added the weather calendar to my Google calendar account. Month view was the same as ever, but day and week views were blank, and very sluggish to operate. All it took to fix was to power cycle the Pre. Have you tried turning yours off and on?
  7.    #7  
    i've restarted 5 times.
    restored twice.
    software restored 3 times.
    First, have you updated to webOS 1.0.4? Just checking. If not, first run update app and install and retest.

If you are running 1.0.4, consider that some other users and I had a similar problem (though not EXACTLY) and I imagine that yours may be caused by a similar issue. If not, I would exchange for a new device.

HTH,
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I had the exact same issue. I was %*^* frustrated for a long time.

I followed Spencerharris' post in this thread and it worked fine. I can't remember if it was Spencerharris who posted this as well, but it was first on google help forums and it worked for most people who had your problem.

Good luck!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    First, have you updated to webOS 1.0.4? Just checking. If not, first run update app and install and retest.

If you are running 1.0.4, consider that some other users and I had a similar problem (though not EXACTLY) and I imagine that yours may be caused by a similar issue. If not, I would exchange for a new device.

HTH,
    ME
    yes, i am runnin 1.0.4.......

what's weird is that my wife's phone is behaving the same way. she can see events in month view, but not week or daily... and we both get event reminders.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpeepers View Post
    yes, i am runnin 1.0.4.......

what's weird is that my wife's phone is behaving the same way. she can see events in month view, but not week or daily... and we both get event reminders.
    This makes me think there is a setting or corruption somewhere that is affecting you both. Have you explored the two links/solutions above (mine and minimalposter's)?
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    This makes me think there is a setting or corruption somewhere that is affecting you both. Have you explored the two links/solutions above (mine and minimalposter's)?
    yes, both phones. and 2 of my friend's pre's. WTH?

i just did the suggested on both of our phones. nothing. restored (fully) both of our phones, NOTHING. same issue. it has to be an OS issue. a simple google search yields A LOT of results all pointing to the same issue. people can't see anything in daily or weekly view but continue to get event reminders. so the event is there, just not visible.

do i need to contact palm?
    Considering that the majority of Pre users are syncing properly with Google AND the fact that your four devices (yours @ friends') are behaving oddly, I gotta think their is something else happening here but I just don't know what (hoping someone else here has more insight). Perhaps creating a new Palm profile and trying from scratch might work? I know that you are not syncing/backing up GCal with your Palm profile, but there do seem to be a small handful of issues solved by doing this, perhaps even some of my own (long story). If you try this and still no luck, I'd recommending calling Palm Support (FREE for first 30 days).
    Mark A. Einersen
  14.    #14  
    what's palm's support number? i went to their web site and it says $14.95 to talk to them... that pisses me off. i'm about ready to dump this thing. seriously. i need my damn calendar.
    I had this problem as well and started threads all over the place about it. I eventually posted my solution, not sure if it worked for others because I stopped paying attention after that, but in case it helps you:
    1. You can't have any recurring events on your google calendar(s) that don't have end dates.
    2. Any other calendars of any type that are shared with your calendar must not have recurring events that do not have end dates.

Adding end dates to all recurring events fixed it for me, although after doing that I had to remove and then re-add the calendar to the pre to make it work. Hope this helps.
  16. thekaitlin
    I had this SAME issue and the suggestion from the other thread did NOT work for me either.

Are you subscribed to multiple calendars? I would suggest unsubscribing on the Pre to all but one calendar. Cycle through and you may find that one calendar is the culprit. For my husband, his main/personal calendar seemed to be the issue, so he had to create a new one and just moved all of the events. The "fix" in other threads didn't work and apparently it was still corrupt. Workaround was to just create another default calendar.

For mine, I realized that recurring events with no definite end date were problematic - if I put in an end date (even 20 years in the future), I could see the events in weekly and daily view again. Sucks to have to do that, but I only had to do it on one calendar - the others didn't seem to have the same issue.
  17.    #17  
    how can one easily searching for reoccurring events? i removed my calendar from my wife's phone and she can see daily events now.
  18.    #18  
    found the problem. one series event and it was setup like this.

1 meeting notice went out (via outlook and forward to my gmail account thereby automatically added to google calendar).

the event was to be on tuesday and thursdays, repeating 4 times but google calendar didn't know the END DATE.

i have MANY other recurring events with NO END DATE. but for some reason, it puked at this.

count it folks. 12 hours of fiddling with this damn thing.
    Glad you found the issue, mrpeepers.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeepers View Post
    what's palm's support number? i went to their web site and it says $14.95 to talk to them... that pisses me off. i'm about ready to dump this thing. seriously. i need my damn calendar.
    FWIW, if you click "call now" next to the Palm Phone Support option you'll see the number and the fact that phone support is free within 90 days of purchase.

HTH,
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen