1.    #1  
    Ok, so I broke my Pre and just got it replaced. I logged in with my profile and it downloaded my contacts and apps to my new phone.

However, I was told that it would retrieve all of my old settings and such from my old phone and it hasn't.

I'm currently missing...
    -my pictures
    -all of the settings in my pre (screen brightness, wallpaper, launcher bar, internet bookmarks)
    -A lot of my data, messages, saved internet passwords, wifi settings, bluetooth, etc etc
    -my mp3s (no problem, i didn't expect 7 gigs of music to be backed up)

Is there something I need to do or what?
  2. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldino View Post
    Ok, so I broke my Pre and just got it replaced. I logged in with my profile and it downloaded my contacts and apps to my new phone.

However, I was told that it would retrieve all of my old settings and such from my old phone and it hasn't.

I'm currently missing...
    -my pictures
    -all of the settings in my pre (screen brightness, wallpaper, launcher bar, internet bookmarks)
    -A lot of my data, messages, saved internet passwords, wifi settings, bluetooth, etc etc
    -my mp3s (no problem, i didn't expect 7 gigs of music to be backed up)

Is there something I need to do or what?
    no, those things simply dont get backed up. you were supposed to copy them via usb and back on to your new device
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    ^ true story ^
    You can copy your pics and wallpapers through USB, but all your text messages and settings are lost forever. Found that out the hard way yesterday. Pretty lame in my opinion.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    You can copy your pics and wallpapers through USB, but all your text messages and settings are lost forever. Found that out the hard way yesterday. Pretty lame in my opinion.
    Very lame.

What's worse is that when my phone broke, it was completely bricked, so I couldn't pull anything off of it.

IMO, you should be able to back up your preferences from your phone.