Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I noticed that my number of contacts on Google and my Pre are different: 1237 on Google, and 1248 on my Pre. I checked to make sure Google Contacts was the default for new contacts.

However, when I create a new contact on the Pre, it doesn't sync to Google. Syncing the other way works fine.

Anyone else experienced this?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Mine does the same thing.
    Make sure you add that contact to the Google account.

When you are in the contact, hit 'Edit'
    In the top right corner, make sure it says "Google"
  4.    #4  
    No disrespect intended, but please re-read my post. I indicated that I already checked to make sure they were assigned to Google.

Any other ideas?
    Not to insult your intelligence, mruseless1, but even though Google is set as the default app, I would still make sure that the individual contacts in question are, in fact, assigned as Google contacts. Stranger things have happened. Just covering all these bases, as I have not had this experience with Google contacts.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  6.    #6  
    No offense taken. Yes, I have checked all the contacts that I have been able to locate that were not syncing. They are all assigned to Google. The only fix I've been able to find was to re-enter the info on Google and re-sync. But if I create the contact entry on the Pre, it won't go up to Google for some reason.

At first I thought it might be the same initial bug as with Calendar, ie, special characters in the titles were preventing sync. But that doesn't seem to be the problem as far as I can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by mruseless1 View Post
    No disrespect intended, but please re-read my post. I indicated that I already checked to make sure they were assigned to Google.

Any other ideas?
    I read your post and it wasnt clear that each contact was set to Google.

Does it sync if you go to the menu in the contacts app and force a sync (by pressing Sync Now)?
  8.    #8  
    I tried that and it doesn't work either. If I add a contact from Google, then force a sync, it works fine, but not the other way around.

I''m not completely sure, but it also appears that changes made to existing contacts do not sync if the changes are made on the Pre.
    Just thinking some more...is it possible you're having the same issue syncing Google Contacts that I had syncing Google Calendar? Let me know...

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mruseless1 View Post
    I''m not completely sure, but it also appears that changes made to existing contacts do not sync if the changes are made on the Pre.
    the same thing is happening to me. i made some changes to a contact (including fixing a misspelled address and adding another email) and it didnt sync to google.

any ideas?
    Just want to put my 2 cents in. For the life of me, I have been unable to have a contact created on the Pre to synch with Google. I have verified that it's a Google contact. Clicking the Sync Now button doesn't make the contact appear in Google.

On the other hand, a contact created on the gmail contact manager *does* appear on the Pre.

Don't know what to try to get this to work. <shrug/>
    I just did some testing with my setup. It seems that Google does some kind of weird caching with Internet Explorer. In order to see my changes that I made on the Pre in Google. I had to log out of Gmail in IE close IE then restart the browser and log back into Gmail. Once I did that all of my changes and additions were there. Funny how just refreshing did not work. ?? Can anyone else duplicate this?

Seems like Google might have a bug. Figures it would happen right after they removed the Beta tag.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Just thinking some more...is it possible you're having the same issue syncing Google Contacts that I had syncing Google Calendar? Let me know...

ME
    Good thought. I went back to one of my contacts that I know is not syncing and checked it, but there are no special characters anywhere, except for dashes in the phone numbers and commas in the address field. No notes either. But it still won't sync.
    I'm also having this same issue as the OP has described.

I've logged out, cleared cache, re-logged back into Gmail on my computer, but the contacts added via the Pre STILL do not show up in my google contacts. There are several contacts that were deleted also that still show up on the Gmail contacts list on my laptop also.
    I've got the same problem - the contacts only sync one way (from Google to the Pre).

What blows even harder is the fact that Google automatically saves everyone you email, which turns out to be quite a pain in the *** when you Google populates your contact book (I'm pretty sure as of now, there's no way to turn this off in Gmail, which is dumb). I can't stand clutter, so until this is fixed, I've cut the connection between my Gmail contacts and my Pre's contact book. Thankfully that doesn't affect calendar/email. Anyone figured out a way to take care of these two issues (clutter + one-way syncing)?
    I also have this issue. Furthermore, when I edit an existing contact & hit 'done', within 2-3 seconds, the contact reverts back to what it was! Are others seeing this too?
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I am a full-time web developer. Trust me, it's an IE problem. You can't get IE to do a proper refresh if your life depended on it. Are you behind some kind of corporate or other firewall?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post
    I am a full-time web developer. Trust me, it's an IE problem. You can't get IE to do a proper refresh if your life depended on it. Are you behind some kind of corporate or other firewall?
    Trust me, it's not an IE problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post
    That's interesting. All my (successful) experiences and tests syncing the Pre with GMail//GCal have been with Firefox.
    Mark A. Einersen
    Here's what I think and (first) why I think it: Today I noticed that my Google Calendar suddenly froze up AND displayed nothing in the day or week view. Since I have only had a minor issue with the calendar before, I new something had changed that hosed it up. Long story short, the culprit was adding Toodledo to my Google Calendar. Disabling it on the Pre got everything working fine. Search the forum for "grayed our calendar" and you'll find another couple users who had a particular Google calendar that was whacking things out. Furthermore, I (and others) discovered a bug that prevents any new calendar events (or changes to exiting events) ON THE PRE will not sync with Google if they include the ampersand ("&").

So...all that said, I am convinced that there is SOMETHING--a particular symbol/character, text string, preference setting, corrupt data, or whatever--that is causing this malfunction. And whatever it is may very well be a bug that needs to be fixed, but in the meantime you may need to look carefully at your records (tedious, I know) to discover what it is. But on the bright side, once you do you'll not only help yourself, but be able to help others having this is AND be able to report the bug which will help us all.

Just my (waaayyy too late night) thoughts...
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast