Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post
    I am a full-time web developer. Trust me, it's an IE problem. You can't get IE to do a proper refresh if your life depended on it. Are you behind some kind of corporate or other firewall?
    You're right. I focused a bit more on the Pre contacts > Google contacts syncing issue today... I updated some contacts on the Pre, signed out of Gmail, signed back in and they were there, updated in "My Contacts" in Gmail.

Now if only Google would allow us to disable automatic saving of EVERY email address we input and send... I found some guide online (here: http://www.aaronterry.com/2009/06/pa...ts-workaround/) that resolves this issue by syncing ONLY "My Contacts" in Google with the Pre, rather than "All Contacts," but I'm going to give Palm/Google a bit of time to resolve this issue before I result to hax0rz.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I am also having trouble syncing the contacts on my Pre to Google/Gmail as well.

Over the years, my cell has been the primary repository for my contact info and so I have many more on my Pre now than in Google/Gmail or anywhere else. So...

Per the advice here, I just went into the contacts app on the Pre (default account is set to Google, my gmail account) and clicked "sync now," logged out of Gmail, logged back in, checked contacts...and still, my Gmail contact list only has the contacts that were there before I purchased my Pre.

I have actually done this twice (in Firefox) and no dice. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by srfcrzy; 07/15/2009 at 10:49 AM. Reason: typos
    Quote Originally Posted by srfcrzy View Post
    I am also having trouble syncing the contacts on my Pre to Google/Gmail as well.

Over the years, my cell has been the primary repository for my contact info and so I have many more on my Pre now than in Google/Gmail or anywhere else. So...

Per the advice here, I just went into the contacts app on the Pre (default account is set to Google, my gmail account) and clicked "sync now," logged out of Gmail, logged back in, checked contacts...and still, my Gmail contact list only has the contacts that were there before I purchased my Pre.

I have actually done this twice (in Firefox) and no dice. Any suggestions?
    You can try calling Palm support at 1-866-750-7256. The first 90 days of phone ownership are free, so you might as well take advantage of it.
    i dont get the option to change contact over to google,only the sync arrows
    Quote Originally Posted by YonMoor View Post
    I've got the same problem - the contacts only sync one way (from Google to the Pre).

What blows even harder is the fact that Google automatically saves everyone you email, which turns out to be quite a pain in the *** when you Google populates your contact book (I'm pretty sure as of now, there's no way to turn this off in Gmail, which is dumb). I can't stand clutter, so until this is fixed, I've cut the connection between my Gmail contacts and my Pre's contact book. Thankfully that doesn't affect calendar/email. Anyone figured out a way to take care of these two issues (clutter + one-way syncing)?
    Palm Pre: Only Sync Google “My Contacts” | AaronTerry.com
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12