Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    So I seem to have two inbox folders under Gmail. The one with the proper "Inbox" icon seems to the primary one that follows my sync directions and downloads emails as they arrive, but there seems to be another Inbox folder with a generic folder icon and that folder seems to be retaining more emails, also it doesn't follow my sync schedule and only updates once I open it (similar to my other label folders. So it is likely that IMAP is treating my default "Inbox" label as a folder on its own.

Is there anyway to solve this dual folder issue and delete this extra Inbox? Can someone else verify that they also have two Inbox folders under Gmail?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    So I seem to have two inbox folders under Gmail. The one with the proper "Inbox" icon seems to the primary one that follows my sync directions and downloads emails as they arrive, but there seems to be another Inbox folder with a generic folder icon and that folder seems to be retaining more emails, also it doesn't follow my sync schedule and only updates once I open it (similar to my other label folders. So it is likely that IMAP is treating my default "Inbox" label as a folder on its own.

Is there anyway to solve this dual folder issue and delete this extra Inbox? Can someone else verify that they also have two Inbox folders under Gmail?

Thanks!
    All you have to do is scroll down the list through your email box... find the yellow star and tap it. It will turn gray the second inbox will be removed.