1.    #1  
    Is there a way to sync up all my contacts,instant messages, calendar events, etc with my computer incase my pre dies. ( like the hotsync with the palm treo) any help would be greatly appreciated..thanks
    no certain of the correct answer though offer this info...
    *had a 755p b4 pre, the pre does not offer a desktop sync interface that I know of.
    *you sync to a cloud...gmail (for mail/contacts), believe there are others such as yahoo mail for mail/contacts.
    *palm offers a software applet (forget name...look in the manaul you got with phone) that allows it to go get your contacts/notes then copy them to the pre...as I understand it via web push.
    *pre does not offer Memo/Notes catagory storage of notes...they all get dumped into one location (dumb palm dump palm dumb....)

Just realize that when you got the pre it asked what mail accts you wanted to sync (cloud) to thus if you have contacts in gmail and ymail that overlapped then both would be dumped into the pre contacts list. others can explain better.
    i did it all wrong -
    copied over all my 755p notes to a cvs file (single file then took each note and saved it as a txt file on my vista pc then copied all those text files to the pre via usb 'external drive' sync then use the doc viewer to read them. trust me that is not the best nor easy way to do it.
    Pocket Mirror will do your contacts and calendar over wi-fi. I go back and forth to keep my desktop and pre synced. Very East, very fast, works great!
    hum...sorry, just re-read you post/question.
    all your contacts/mail should be on a cloud (gmail or ymail) unless you imported them all from your desktop pc via the palm transfer at at the beginning.

for example, with gmail I had started to add my contacts (instead of posting/updating them all in vista Mail v6). thus when I got my pre and told it about my gmail acct the pre pushed down all my contacts from gmail.

figure you know all of that stuff. if you only used the pre app to grab your contacts from, said outlook from her desktop, then no...the pre will not back them up via the cloub to your desktop outllook acct. if you have outlook on exchange then...maybe....if pre webos sorted all that stuff out now.

not a clue about instant messaging...I'm starting to use it but no clue as to if/how it is backed up. pre does have a backup app built in but some post say it is very much a hit and miss so far as what is backed up and restored...if a restore is needed.
    Pocket Mirror will do your contacts and calendar over wi-fi. I go back and forth to keep my desktop and pre synced. Very East, very fast, works great!
    Technologic2...
    what do you use on your desktop pc for contacts/mail?
    what is needed to do this...I mean I have a desktop pc with wireless lan at home but my desktop pc is connected with a lan drop not wireless plus I use Visa mail 6 don't know how I could do what you did but might like to.
  6.    #6  
    i dont use outlook...so any other options?