Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I would like to purchase a Palm Pre to sync with my corporate MS Exchange email account. The company has a mobile policy in place that requires a PIN to be forced down to the phone as well as the ability to remotely wipe the phone if lost or stolen.

My question is does the Pre support the Microsoft Security Feature Pack (MSFP) and secuirty PIN and remote wipe with the latest Web OS 1.0.4?

If not anyone know when or if it will support this?
    No, I don't think 1.0.4 supports PIN yet. Palm stated recently (you can find it on the forums here somewhere) that there would be an update within 60 days that would address at least some of the Exchange security issues.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Yeah I recall hearing the same thing - they don't support it yet but security features such as MSFP will be coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbugler View Post
    I would like to purchase a Palm Pre to sync with my corporate MS Exchange email account. The company has a mobile policy in place that requires a PIN to be forced down to the phone as well as the ability to remotely wipe the phone if lost or stolen.

My question is does the Pre support the Microsoft Security Feature Pack (MSFP) and secuirty PIN and remote wipe with the latest Web OS 1.0.4?

As stated, word is (was) 60 days. Closer to 45 now. I'd suggest waiting until then, unless you can get your IT department to make an exemption for your device.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I searched the forums for "PIN" and found that PIN support and remote wipe for Exchange will be added in 2009 Q3. Hopefully early Q3. There is a huge market of corporate email users, you would think that Palm would be on top of this. Especially since the iPhone already has this functionality. They may even steal some BB RIM market if this is added.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbugler View Post

It's company policy for BBs here as well, but as I think I'm the only person at the firm with a Pre thus far (although my boss is seriously considering) the guy who manages phones hasn't enforced it on me. I did turn on the simple PIN for the device though, and I believe you can remote wipe it through your Palm Profile.

It's not the proper way of doing things, but I'm getting by with it for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    It's company policy for BBs here as well, but as I think I'm the only person at the firm with a Pre thus far (although my boss is seriously considering) the guy who manages phones hasn't enforced it on me. I did turn on the simple PIN for the device though, and I believe you can remote wipe it through your Palm Profile.

It's not the proper way of doing things, but I'm getting by with it for now.

Consider yourself lucky.