1.    #1  
    Actually two tips.

Relatively obvious: Click on "My Contacts" in the left hand column. On the right, a button will appear that says "View Suggestions". Hit it, then delete any of the suggestions you don't want in your contact list. If any of them actually seemed worth keeping, move them to "My Contacts".

I thought that should clear out everything that I hadn't explicitly added, and I've been purging the suggestions about once a week to keep my list managable. But today I noticed that even through I had no suggestions, my "All contacts" group was larger than my "My Contacts" group. Apparently Google hangs on to some contacts for you without even suggesting them. *sigh*

There doesn't seem to be any officially sanctioned way to find the set of contacts that are in "All Contacts" but not "My Contacts". But at the very end of this discussion thread, someone chips in with a hack that breaks them out for you.

BTW, you can enter a blank space in the search box and you will see
    the extraneous set of "Other Contacts" listed at the bottom of your
    results list.
    Works like a charm! The search results are broken down into "My Contacts" and "Other Contacts". Review and delete anything in the Other Contacts group that you don't want. Voila!
    BTW, you can enter a blank space in the search box and you will see
    the extraneous set of "Other Contacts" listed at the bottom of your
    results list.
    At LAST a easy way to filter out the Junk. Thanks!

Sad part is that you still need to upkeep your contacts. If you delete stuff on your gmail contacts it will delete on the Palm Pre right??
    Quote Originally Posted by xberserker View Post
    At LAST a easy way to filter out the Junk. Thanks!

Sad part is that you still need to upkeep your contacts. If you delete stuff on your gmail contacts it will delete on the Palm Pre right??
    As long as that contact is coming only from Gmail then yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    As long as that contact is coming only from Gmail then yes.
    Awesome thanks.
    Still, why can't we select "don't save this crap" in gmail. I use it alot, have multiple accounts, but i don't need the return address for spam saved in my contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Cricket View Post
    Still, why can't we select "don't save this crap" in gmail. I use it alot, have multiple accounts, but i don't need the return address for spam saved in my contacts.
    I've spent a lot of time trying to find a answer to that. And sadly there isn't a way to turn that "feature" off. But this method makes it possible to mass delete the "spam" contacts.