Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I'm trying to use my work email via the Pre. I went to Accounts and Preferences, then to Add an Account. I typed in my work email address and password. It then prompted me to enter an Outgoing Mail Server and a Root Folder. I have no idea what these are or what to enter here. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    The outgoing mail server is usually smtp.[domain]. My example shows the one for gmail. If you use Outlook at work, you can find it in your email accounts properties.

You don't really have to worry about the Root Folder.

FrankenPre2!!!
    Contact your IT administrator.
    Depending on the server used for your email the setup can need a few extra steps.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJosh View Post
    I'm trying to use my work email via the Pre. I went to Accounts and Preferences, then to Add an Account. I typed in my work email address and password. It then prompted me to enter an Outgoing Mail Server and a Root Folder. I have no idea what these are or what to enter here. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
    How do you access your work email via a web browser when away from work? You'll most likely have to manually configure it and use those exact settings. One difference with my work email is I had to remove the "s" in https://xxx.xxx.xxx when I configured my EAS work account on my Pre.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Thanks guys - I'll contact IT on Monday.